Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any Details on The Next Portable Gaming Device?

PSP light is about as good as a playstation. Which means the next one should be about as good as a dreamcast or higher. Which means it may have good games like PSO. Anyone know any details about when a new portable would be expected to come out? I may get a psp for phantasy star portable but its lacking key features like online play id expect to come from a new portable or maybe even an expansion of phantasy star portable.

psp is already better than dreamcast, and there aren't any details on when the next portable system comes out, and definitely none on phantasy star portable

I dont know when the next handheld is going to be released however im sure that nintendos will be pretyy scary, Moneysoft is rumoured to be working on one as well but that remains to be seen.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    psp is already better than dreamcast,
    I'd like to call BS.

Anyways, there isn't anything out or being produced as far as we know, we already have the PSP and DS out, and they are still selling(somehow). I don't see another handheld coming until...October maybe? Sometime before or during Christmas.(Merely as a reference date)

the portable gaming aspect of the industry should end. ps2 could of gotten a number of great games that psp stole. FFTactics WotL, Castlevani DXC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    the portable gaming aspect of the industry should end.
    How will we entertain ourselves in cars, buses, train rides? Books are great, but it's more fun blowing someone up in Bomberman!

Also, I wub Castlevania on the portables, but I'd really want to see a nice 2D or 2.5D on a console. ;-;

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    the portable gaming aspect of the industry should end. ps2 could of gotten a number of great games that psp stole. FFTactics WotL, Castlevani DXC, etc.
    I completely disagree with you. The portable market is a very valid gaming market that has proven to be incredibly successful. From the simple joys of playing Tetris to ones self on the way to work with a gameboy brick, to the networked games of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, portable gaming is just as strong as console gaming. Portables also allow us to take experiences with us that would ordinarily be too bulky to drag along for a car ride or a walk down the road, or while sitting on the can.

You take the risk when you buy a console. That risk is only being able to play that console's games (and any backwards compatability). The PSP may not have stolen any games from the PS2, maybe those games were designed with the PSP in mind and not the PS2. Some games get ported, but those don't sell too well.

GBA, DS, PSP, hell even the GamePark, NeoGeo Pocket, Cell Phones and PDAs. All legit gaming machines and they should continue to be supported to provide entertainment far and wide.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

I'm going to go out on a limb and state the obvious Spike but I think Saner was just envious of that fact that PSP is getting games that he would prefer on a console and wasn't advocating the literal end of portable gaming. /ends obvious moment.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and state the obvious Spike but I think Saner was just envious of that fact that PSP is getting games that he would prefer on a console and wasn't advocating the literal end of portable gaming. /ends obvious moment.
    That is all obvious but I wanted to act before someone else picked up on his train of thought and decided to carry out the act.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    I agree with you however not everyone can comprehend the obvious.