Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I will quote some of Draken's post, BTW, I have edited some out, not because his other ideas aren't cool, just this one deserves some added pimpage.

Draken said:
    "Some of the things I would like to see on PSO2:

-An "Arena Room". Two players enter, they are teleported to a battle zone, and they fight for Meseta or items. Each player bids what items to put up for losing the fight, and after both players consent they are teleported to fight. The loser may lose his/her/its current weapon, but only if they bid it before the fight."

Sonic Team, did you hear this? This is a very cool, very fun idea. PK (only if you want to)with a player defined gamble involved. Characters could also have a, 'Number of Duels Won', stat that could be visible on some form of Hunter Ranking System. This could add some serious longevity to the game. So many new gameplay elements could be created by this one addition. One example: Special Quests for dueling masters. Also player created Role Playing elements, like Guilds that accept membership only to Hunters that have won x amount of duels. Or have vanquished, 'so and so' in combat. People can choose to lose items or just their pride.

So what does everyone else think about this idea. Like it? hate it? Indifferent? Wanna flame me? Post on...

that ideaa is very cool but your telling the wrong people send sega and email people email neversoft about idea about tony hawk2 and they put it in the game so email sega i am also email them this idea wich would rule mini games like in shenumu mostly old arcade game that are only online so when you have to much meseta or just waiting for your friend waste some time playing golden axe

I love it! I hope that someone from Sega is reading this...

(His other two ideas rock, too... so if you haven't seen his original post... what are you waiting for? Go look! :P)

Mind you, I am compiling a list of ideas that the fans of the Phantasy Star (Online) series would like to see implimented in the sequel.

This list will be submitted to the proper people at Sega of Japan/America and Sonic Team (JP/USA) along with a huge petition letting Sega know just how much the fans of the series want these ideas to be implimented.

You can find the list at:
    http://www.nevikdreams.com/PSO2

Also look for the thread(s) that I post announcing a tri-weekly update. (Named 'PSO2 Ideas v##.##.##')

This list is getting close to covering a lot of bases, and now I'm looking to get more elaboration on the ideas already present. This way our ideas are well thought-out and will be easier to understand what we want.

GREAT IDEA! But 1 problem... There is a group of people called cheaters

Resident Toolboy

Thanks for the compliments on my idea

Elrathan: I didn't think of a "Duels Won" stat, and now that it's come up I think that is very cool. All your points make incredible sense, and I especially like the fact that it could lead to a well organized guild system.

Beserker-X: Yes, there are tons of cheaters in the online PSO world, but in my idea of the arena room, both players must consent to the fight. If one is a known cheater, the other player would obviously try to keep clear. A way to screen for good duelling partners is to go questing before the duel. Usually after a quest you can tell the semi-honest folk from the cheaters. This however, wouldn't be a limitation: if you wish, you could duel anyone, anytime.

<CENTER>-=Draekkan=-

Humar (lvl 73)

<FONT color=00FF00>
    GREENNILL</FONT>

Expert Hunter/Ranger for hire.

I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path.

</CENTER>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Draekkan on 2001-03-01 17:05 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

Actually, having limited PK like this serves one very valuable purpose. It forces the developers to balance all the classes against one another... something PSO1 could have used ;o.

Rappy Hunter

someone should make a long list of great Idea's for PSO2 (hint hint: More Faces, hairstyles, clothes, and basically options for create a character) and get everyone on this board (and other boards) to sign it. Then we should send it to Sega, they'll see how many people signed this thing and who knows maybe they'll add it in.

Create a character really need a LOT more improvement. I've seen about 200 ppl that look exactly like me, it's pretty annoying.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

An arena mode would be ok, but it would be very one sided. Forces would always heal, your only chance againest them is if they ran out of TP and fluids. Androids would not be able to heal as much because they would quickly run out. Rangers would be able to just run around and shoot from afar. I say, leave PK out and focus on more varied gameplay for the co-op.

I also dont like the pk mode. I mean, some people may like to bash their fellow players, but i would rather go kill a bunch of screwed up hildebears.