Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Psionics

Kids say the darndest things...
    Last edited by Zantra; Jul 9, 2008 at 09:04 PM.

I'm a bit sceptical, but really. If you could lightly move small objects, what does it matter? Move a bus with your mind, then I'll be impressed.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

They can't make an accurate study and measurements, because they don't know what to measure it with. Simple as that.

Also, we use more of our brain than we are lead to believe. But I do believe in some kind of life force, dunno about the moving things though. I try to practice controlling some flow of energy through my body. I know its there, I'm still contemplating how I could get it to a point were it becomes physically there.

While I do believe that there are still vast amounts of things concerning our own minds, brains, and bodies that we do not yet understand, I'm not exactly gullible as to what exactly these unknowns may be.

Psychokinesis a possibility? Sure, why not? I'm going to say that it's a possibility, unless it specifcally can be proven otherwise.

I'm a generally open-minded person - on top of this, I have had some rather weird personal experiences with things relating to such topics... A good example, would be that I didn't even know that "lucid dreaming" was something that people persued until I was 15 or so; I found it normal to be aware that I was dreaming and thusly in complete control, because it happened so often. It's just one of those things that was never strange to me, and it still happens on a regular basis.

But I digress; I love contemplating potentialities and such, and I'd love to see someone do some of this fancy-pants spoon-bending and psychokinesis stuff in person. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can blue mage it from them like I do a lot of things.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Well If I could meet any of you in person, I could do some simple demonstrations.
    I don't have a thermographic camera or an EKG, or other machine that monitors brain waves to be used to show you what happens during the process of manipulating Ki and using a little bit of psychokenesis. It's really not all that extraordinary.

It takes years of practice to learn how to properly direct Ki (Ch'i) and apply for holistic health and other esoteric purposes.
    It's better to have a Reiki practioner, or a Chi Gong practioner show a person
    *in-person* and see & experience it for one's self.

People that want to stay close-minded and adhere to a hardline materialistic-scientistic paradigm can do so if they choose.

It's when they take their point-of-view, declare things as absolute purely deterministic axioms, and deny all other possibilities and then impose that paradigm on everyone else, I strongly disagree with such.

99.8% of spoon bending demonstrations are a trick and not real psychokenesis. Perpatrators of hoaxs piss me off as they make real academic research/study and understanding of parapsychological and/or metaphysical phenomena even harder to study and even harder to be taken seriously by people.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Most spoon-benders use a spoon made of gallium. I used to do it for cheap party tricks.

I'm skeptical, but I won't dismiss any possibility.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I think that humans have much more potential than what is 'scientifically' known about them. I do however think that most psionics who have made a name for themselves are fakes, they simply abuse it in order to claim fame and cash that doesnt however make me narrow minded, I've had some weird things happen to me in the past that scientific explanations have failed to answer. personally i think as time goes by and with practice you could perhaps unlock some hidden potential. For instance there are monks that are able to raise their body temperature and endure the colder climates more easily theer are yet more monks who are able to place themselves into meditative trances that reduce the heart rate almost to the point of death. It could therefore be suggested that training one mentally can influence the 'happenings' of the body and its capabilities.