Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Psionics

Guys, if you want to prove something, youtube videos aren't the way to do it.

I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Default Listen to this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toadthroat View Post
    Guys, if you want to prove something, youtube videos aren't the way to do it.
    Yeah, parlor tricks like this aren't the best anti-skeptic tool, especially on the internet, where everything is photoshopped.

i should really get back into astral projection. i used to practice it years ago and one time i successfully reached body asleep/mind awake. i experienced strong vibrations all around my body at the time and was too focused on how weird they were to get any further. i never actually made it outside my body fully.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    i should really get back into astral projection. i used to practice it years ago and one time i successfully reached body asleep/mind awake. i experienced strong vibrations all around my body at the time and was too focused on how weird they were to get any further. i never actually made it outside my body fully.
    That sounds more like direct wake-to-sleep lucid dreaming than astral projection. However, lucid dreaming is definitely something worth pursuing, although it's definitely not "paranormal" at all.

nah, i induced it myself. i laid down on my bed and focused on the natural quiet ringing inside my head for a while, until my body fell asleep. that kept my mind occupied so i was able to stay conscious. shortly after that, i felt the vibrations all over. i should have ignored them and stayed in focus but they were just too amazing and i ended up giving up.
    Quit PSO2

That's what wake-to-sleep lucid dreaming is like. Before you enter REM sleep, you get sensory hallucinations, and a feeling of vibration like that is common.

I need to work on my focus so I can fully induce.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    As Nerdy and insane as it might sound one of the ways I read on preforming this feat was to first lay in a bed, or recliner and enter deep meditation(or Wake-To-Sleep as Eihwaz called it) and with each breath you take feel your self sink more and more downwards, once you feel you have hit the floor shoot back up through your body entering Astral Projection. I for one was never successful with this method, but then again I could never get to that point of meditation.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

http://www.rhine.org/main.shtml - Research organization aimed at understanding the fundamental processes that underlie psionics.

http://www.noetic.org/ - Large resource of scientific information concerning psi and the mind.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

I'm convinced that it is possible to manipulate Chi and the body's natural energy, but not psionics.

Also, websites and youtube videos are hardly evidence. Magicians have been creating illusions for years.

I do practice meditation on occasion, but I believe the trick (or the more traditional method) is to allow your mind to drift and examine whatever it chooses. Attempting to clear your mind on purpose sorta ruins the point of relaxation.