Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation The Revolution is at Hand!

Okay, long story short is that people have been looking for ways to get their gripes over the shoddy maintenance and upkeep of this game to people who matter in the industry like game informer and G4 and the like, I too have been working towards this end...

A friend of mine is a DJ for a net based radio station and she has agreed that on a future show I can come on the air and let her listeners (about 120-170 gamers a show) know about how bad sega's gotten.

Now the reason for this thread is I don't want to go on her broadcast screaming "SEGAX FAILZ LAWL!" and I want to present the point informatively and maturely. I've only been around for the most recent mess-ups and what I'd like from you- the tired community- is to give me examples of how Sega's work is not being handled correctly and how you would like this to be brought up on the show.

Any an all information will be kept anonymous to protect identities and it would be REALLY appreciated because who knows, this broadcast might be the shove in the right direction.

Once I've gathered together the story I'll post the date/time of the show so everyone can tune in. Equally I believe she's got an IRC channel running during the show for comments from listeners so your support there would be great as well.

More info forthcoming as I get it.

Let's show Sega we're done just complaining and we're ready to take it to the next level!

Grats to getting on the radio.

Sega has failed in many ways. First it was late updates that were set at a certain time. Then some updates where held back months, with no real set date as to when they'd actually have them. Then they had big goof ups with thier billing sight not to long ago, and still working out some bugs now.

I know they now have a new team of people working for them and they are doing the best they can to clean up the big mess up they have created. I'd say the new people are doing well, but they is still to new to us, because we haven't been able to see much of them yet.

This is all just in the PSU gaming as of now. As far as their other games go, they have done well, but not as great as many people hoped for, as far as I know.

Well, they had a billing problem that stopped a lot of people from playing a limited-time event. Then when they tried to come up with a 2 week extension as compensation for it, they delayed it, then delayed it again, and now it probably won't happen at all. But you said you were here for that so let's see...They released a debug mission that spawned nothing but rare enemies on public servers, then had to do a rollback to get rid of it. Ummmm....yeah I'm not one of the big complainers so I can't remember any more specific instances right now but I'm sure some people will.

EDIT: Oh and the PA rebalance update. April 11->April 25->June 6. The exact dates might be slightly off but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Turb0; Jul 9, 2008 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks guys. Your help is appreciated. Also if anyone wants to add to this and doesn't want to seem like the complaining type they can feel free to PM me any info and I'll make sure to use it ^_^.

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

Grinder glitch= mass banning, machine gun glitch= zero banning. terrible western support. lag tastic robots never got fixed, techs receiving visual nerf. etc etc Ill add more later as its very late now.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

lag tastic robots never got fixed
    When you post more later please explain this a bit further as I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

Thank you for your help though XD

I'll simply list the facts as I remember them:

- A debug mission has been put on production servers and people have had access to it. The update was rollbacked a few hours later.

- Some glitched items have gone available before their scheduled date. The glitch linked to these items was that when you logged off with one of them in your inventory, when you'd log back on, your inventory would be empty. The update was rollbacked a few hours later.

- Some updates have had constant delays. While the Sega team announced dates fpr some of them, most of the time, the scheduled date was not respected. While it truly shows problems with the update system, it also shows how bad communiction is at Sega.

- The billing server has had a problem during one of the scheduled events keeping a good part of the PC/PS2 community from logging on. While people were not billed due to this problem, it really kept them from playing in an event where players, for once, were competing to get a limited edition item. No need to say that people who couldn't play also didn't have a chance to get the item.

- The already slow update process has been made slower by one of the promises made the Sega team: extension of the aforementionned event. For this, basically, the update process has frozen in anticipation of this ever-delayed extension. Players aren't getting their prices as a result of the event because Sega wants to wait for the extension to happen before giving the away. So by the end of July, it will be 2 months and a half since the end of the event.

- The billing servers went down one week-end because the server room's air conditionner burnt. Sega took a few days to put players back online.

- A slowdown glitch happens on XBox360 wherever robotic enemies appear. the slowdown is so bad that the user has to reboot his system. Sega has announced they has no plan (so far) to fix this. Basically, this keeps XBox players from playing those missions.

- A glitch on an item has been discovered on XBox360. People have been abusing it and had started to ruin the economy of the game. Sega banned around 250 users for this, were they glitchers or people who simply bought the glitched items.

- A glitch on mechgun existed and made the weapon incredibly powerful. While this glitch has been dealt with, XBox360 users can still use another related glitch allowing the weapon to remain more powerful than it actually is. Sega has not announced any plan about dealing with this issue. But people were banned during the last event for using it.

----

As said before, it is the communication at Sega that is truly failing. When they announce things, people are never sure it will happen. Either you announce something that is sure to happen or you don't announce anything.

DEATH TO SEGA! just make sure you have your notes organized and whatnot.
    gt: pixelsofdeath

Your actually going to get on air and complain about the game and make more people not want to play it??

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    As said before, it is the communication at Sega that is truly failing. When they announce things, people are never sure it will happen. Either you announce something that is sure to happen or you don't announce anything.
    I think this is the main point that a majority of people (me included) are up in arms about. Make sure this point gets across.

What the GM's are doing, or are forced to do, is simply bad business anyway you slice it. Either it's surefire or you don't announce it. If the GM staff followed that policy I'd still be playing PSU.