Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    I would wish someone calls for a conspiracy againts Sonic Team and let the servers completly empty. What I mean is that no one, not a single person play PSU online for a month maybe. I know its satiric, and fictional. Plus there is always the one who wont do what others suggest, and that would ruin the plan.
    Anyway if this ever surges, I would join gladly.

Yes, then all they would have to do is shut down the servers for good due to a lack of interest in the game. Face it, they have already made money off of this game in the US/EU. For example, there are 80,000+unique IDs on just the 360 alone. If every one of these only paid the minimum of $10 for one month of service, they have made $800,000 just off of that. Keep in mind that this does not include profit from the PC/PS2 servers, profit from those who have paid for more than one month, profit from people paying for the original game nor profit from the sale of the expansion. Adding these costs in easily puts them in the black for this game already. Everything they are doing now is just to make more bread. They could shut down now with a succesful profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    I would wish someone calls for a conspiracy againts Sonic Team and let the servers completly empty. What I mean is that no one, not a single person play PSU online for a month maybe. I know its satiric, and fictional. Plus there is always the one who wont do what others suggest, and that would ruin the plan.
    Anyway if this ever surges, I would join gladly.
    This would only work if Japan did it, unfortunately. If we did it they'd just shut us down and walk away without a care in the world. Matter of fact they'd probably be happier that they didn't have to deal with us anymore, since apparently getting updates to SoA is nothing but a big hassle for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    Yes, then all they would have to do is shut down the servers for good due to a lack of interest in the game. Face it, they have already made money off of this game in the US/EU. For example, there are 80,000+unique IDs on just the 360 alone. If every one of these only paid the minimum of $10 for one month of service, they have made $800,000 just off of that. Keep in mind that this does not include profit from the PC/PS2 servers, profit from those who have paid for more than one month, profit from people paying for the original game nor profit from the sale of the expansion. Adding these costs in easily puts them in the black for this game already. Everything they are doing now is just to make more bread. They could shut down now with a succesful profit.
    Bandwidth costs money. That fee is not 100% profit. Then you need to include the cost of the salaries for every who is involved in maintaining the server/running the game.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Good luck Biggie, give it your best.

As for boycotting PSU for a month, I'm affraid to admit, it wouldn't work. Within the 2nd week of having no one, or very nearly no one, playing, they would shut us down for good. After all, Sega is just like any other buisness, and when their "project" shows no sign of producing money, they'll dump it and start a new one.

As for boycotting PSU for a month, I'm affraid to admit, it wouldn't work. Within the 2nd week of having no one, or very nearly no one, playing, they would shut us down for good. After all, Sega is just like any other buisness, and when their "project" shows no sign of producing money, they'll dump it and start a new one.
    I agree with this. Making people quit playing is the WORST thing we can do to try and provoke results.

likes unlikely crossovers Magitek_X's Avatar

Why should we tell other people to quit? Sega are doing an excellent job of doing that themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Magitek_X View Post
    Why should we tell other people to quit? Sega are doing an excellent job of doing that themselves.
    Buh Duh- TSHHH!

i personally pray with all my might that the downtime equates to all our characters being deleted. That would just put the icing on the cake, so Sega of America can finally get the fucking they deserve.

Granted i really dont care anymore. The way Sega has managed this game this summer has made me lose almost any kind of fondness i had for this game. Ive gotten to the point where i cant play it anymore without finding so many things wrong that i just have to turn off my playstation and play something better.