Grand High Cookie

I've completed a custom set for one of my characters, and I was giddily looking forward to seeing the boost to having the full set, similar to how I start giggling like a schoolgirl when I pop my delsaber set on occasionally, and there totally isn't any boost with the custom set. What gives? >_< Did I hear wrong about the 50% boost you get from using the full set?

And on the same note, is there really a boost from using a DB set? I was trying to get myself a set of DB armor to check it out, but if there isn't any stupid boost, the custom frame is better than the DB armor anywho. Heck, all the custom stuff is better than the stupid DB stuff. ARGH. I just need another barrier and a few levels on my force to share the custom goodness, albeit without any 50% bonus from using the set. *sigh*

The custom is suppose to have a boost. Unfortunately I didn't really see a boost myself, maybe I was hoping for more, I dunno. Either way I decided to break up my set and trade the Barrier.. the boost wasn't enough for me.

The same thing happened to me. I had just found a Custom Barrier, so I quickly went to my bank and withdrew my Custom Frame. I checked the stats, but there was no bonus. I then equipped one of my many Custom Ray's and saw the bonus....but it wasn't worth using 4 add slots and removing my Secret Gear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grimsoar on 2003-01-27 23:42 ]</font>

Like all the sets, the Custom ver.00 set is only as good as its weapon. ie, if you don't like the weapon, the set isn't worth it, since you're likely going to use something else anyhow (Unless you're a force, but even then, you should have something better than a Custom Ray).

Anyhow, here's the actual breakdown-

Custom Barrier:
    DFP+74
    EVP+65

Custom Frame:
    DFP+84
    EVP+90

Custom Ray:
    ATA+195
    ATA+40

Full Set / Barrier and Frame only:
    DFP+ 198 / 158 (40pt difference)
    EVP+ 187 / 155 (32pt difference)
    ATA+ 40 / NA (normally 40 with only C-Ray, 0pt difference)
    ATA+ 292 / NA (normally 195 with only C-Ray, 97pt difference)

So there is a bit of a difference. The only question is, is the Ray itself better or worth it compaired to other items you have?

Also, the ATP bonus, since everything is a percentage based off the original ATP, should go up if you grind the weapon (my exampe uses a +0).

It's hard to complete the set, and like quite a few items in the game, by the time you can actually find them for yourself, they're already obsolete.. ie, what use is a red handgun to me, that I had to wait till Ult to find? Geeze..

(One thing to remember, all armor/shields have slightly different stats, your set could be several points different)

Grand High Cookie

hum. That's odd. I swear I didn't get any boost on the ray when I put it on, and switched shields. I wonder if then you get a bonus for any two of the three? When I get home, I'm going to have an armor switching bonanza. At least I feel better about the frame and barrier boost. They rock together anywho from the awesome element stats on the barrier and the frame. Sure beats my stupid DB shield. ^__^

On 2003-01-28 07:45, Yurika wrote:
    hum. That's odd. I swear I didn't get any boost on the ray when I put it on, and switched shields. I wonder if then you get a bonus for any two of the three? When I get home, I'm going to have an armor switching bonanza. At least I feel better about the frame and barrier boost. They rock together anywho from the awesome element stats on the barrier and the frame. Sure beats my stupid DB shield. ^__^
    Yeah, there is no partial set bonus. However, they are pretty good stats for a simi-high character, and personally, I think the Custom Barrier's graphic is pretty neat. Much less common than DB's shield.

Speaking of the custom set: I did about 3 vhard forest runs last night under a redria and found 3 custom frames. At one point it was two bears in the same room that dropped one each, right next to each other...very weird.

Grand High Cookie

On 2003-01-28 14:22, Phebes wrote:

Yeah, there is no partial set bonus. However, they are pretty good stats for a simi-high character, and personally, I think the Custom Barrier's graphic is pretty neat. Much less common than DB's shield.
    Heh heh. ^_^ Definently. I always get asked what my shield is. ^_____^ It's so cool looking. I use it instead of the secret gear just because it looks cool. I'm so vain. Heh heh. It does have an awesome evade in the partial set, I block a heck of a lot more in ult than I did with a secret gear (or my old DB shield, for that matter... but I was using the DB shield for cosmetics as well. XD).