Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toadthroat View Post
    What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
    I thought that FFXIII was still PS3 exclusive in Japan, though? Or do you mean the Japanese here in America? *Confused* @_@ But I agree with you, though. Japan will look at them with shame, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    I thought that FFXIII was still PS3 exclusive in Japan, though? Or do you mean the Japanese here in America? *Confused* @_@ But I agree with you, though. Japan will look at them with shame, most likely.
    It's not exclusive at all. Multiplatform everywhere.

Nevermind then.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; Jul 15, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

FFXIII -- My jaw dropped when I saw the E3 video from Inside XBox. Then I LOL'd, thinking of the whiny fanboy faction that held on to, "Whoever hosts Final Fantasy wins the console wars."

However, it is PS3-exclusive in Japan.

At any rate, it just shows how badly the PS3 is doing compared to the phenomenal success of its predecessor, the PS2. It's quite a switch going from blowing everyone away in sales to being dead last. By doing this, SE is tripling their potential market.

Now if the Microsoft's XBox division could just do something about the JA xenophobia and horribly bad MS Marketing (including the lack of production of games in genres they enjoy).
    I'm Guy, so what?

Merf... This Sony conference blows so far.... The guy is horrible at presenting. No enthusiasm when he talks. He's also throwing out statistics way more than needed. The Little Big World bit was nifty, though.

I absolutely loved Animal Crossing ftw(for the wii XD) and Spore Creatures for DS made me, happy, too.

Animal Crossing! It feels pretty real now with the capabilities to send an email &be able to check it in game. &Leaving messages in a person's town.

Also: We have till Friday, maybe Nintendo will reveal something last minute as big bang? ;]

Resistance 2 looked nice, and Gran Turismo TV looks pretty cool (although I could watch Top Gear on TV anyway ), but there's still no reason for me to buy a PS3.

As for Nintendo's conference....

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Sony and nintendos press conferences were pretty decent mainly just reinterated alot of the same stuff by nintendo, sony announced alot of new exclusives being developed like DC universe online and MAG = massive action game. those to seem to be fun looking.

I'll give this E3 to microsoft mainly because they stole something from sony, however sony gained more then they lost by releasing the new video store thats a major step in the right direction for psn especially with 2.5 & home under development.

Well, with all three conferences done, my final thoughts:

Microsoft, you're not going to steal any of the Wii's market share with the 360 so stop trying. You're the king of third-party exclusives (and pretty good at stealing other companies' exclusives too), so go with it. Nice surprise announcement at the end by the way.

Nintendo, you will suck for the foreseeable future and will continue to make money hand over foot by catering to people who don't know what a video game is but still want a Wii. I hate you.

Sony, you talk to damn much and hype too damned much. It's time to start delivering, we saw almost all of this shit demoed LAST YEAR, and one of your biggest announcements is that your PlayStation Network is now doing the same stuff you could do on Xbox Live two years ago. Get your ass in gear.

The Nintendo conference was a huge disappointment. I really don't like whining in front of everyone here, but it cannot be helped. I don't think I can hold it back.

"Where's the fuck is the new Starfox game Nintendo?!!!!! UGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

*Takes a deep breath*

ok, as for the Sony conference, the $400 80GB Playstation3 was the best news of the show. I didn't really care for the rest. At least Sony kept their conference serious, no comedy BS, or stupid guess celebrities.

I really hope the 3rd parties at the showroom floor put out something interesting.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jul 15, 2008 at 03:44 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

the one thing that depresses me when it comes to sony is that they didnt mention tekken 6 ....