Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Which version are you talking about?

I heard rumours about it still being on the 360.

You can still recognize the glitch same way as usual... I think its being spread on purpose in response to the whole SEGAC era.
    Im really not that dangerous...

easy to tell if they are doing it. the monster there hitting will receive damage a lot quicker than normal.
    you will notice them dropping items at a point as you have to for the glitch to work.
    i think they have to keep fireing all the time though it looks like it cuts out sometimes. the bullets are just invisable at that point

Thanks fay, that is awesome info. I was kinda confuse last I see this, since it was hard to tell if the monsters were being dealt damage faster then usual as 3 people were using machine gun. The only thing I could notice was that the monsters were dropping real fast, abnormaly fast and then I left just to be sure I wouldn't be involve with a glitching party. Thanks I will watch for these ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    that method works on the PS:P too BUT it doesnt recharge! HAH!

they fixed all mechgun glitching possibilities in the PSP version!
    instead of guns recharging PP in ticks, it recharges 1 PP at a time, and certain guns just go up faster than others :P Thus preventing the glitch that when the mechgun ticks it fully recharges

Btw this is only with guns lol
    The machine gun glitch doesn't refill PP every tick. If you watch the PP bar, it's not an entirely smooth depletion. On your way down you get small up-ticks in PP at the regular PP refill intervals, but then after so many ticks you get all that PP back. It's almost as if the server is keeping sanity checks and dismissing the client's data about PP usage after a while.

Edit: Scratch that, the ticks are 5 seconds long. But the depletion still isn't smooth.

But this "who controls the player's PP" is not consistent.

Anyone who has suffered bouts of lag can tell you that it looks like the server has the final say on PP. If you have just enough PP left for one more PA and you're in the middle of lag, you can keep going with that PA until the client receives word on your PP total. It also works in reverse, which is to say that if you don't have enough PP left and you're lagging, you'll have to wait for your client to catch up, at which time you will get back the PP you deserve.

So honestly, wtf?

Edit: Actually, I found out what was up while using my techer tonight. There's two classes of PP usage which I'll call "steady drain" and "chunk drain." The "steady drain" PAs like Megiverse and any Machine Gun PA will deplete you PP locally and report to the server every 5 seconds. The "chunk drain" PAs will report PP usage to the server immediately.

Anyway...This would explain why it doesn't work in Phantasy Star Portable -- there's no central server to contact and no data corruption to look out for. Local ad-hoc network reliability > internet reliability, so there's less reason to do sanity checks on the data you receive. Ad-hoc networking = limited effect of hax, so there's even less reason for sanity checks.
    Last edited by Brainwrecked; Jul 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM.
    I'm Guy, so what?

Got some guts... on my dagger Kelvie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    i always play fortetecher or acrotecher so i cant even use machine guns.

So, here is another machinegun glitch : I can use a machinegun as an Acrotecher. Oô

Personnaly, I wouldn't mind using a machinegun that shoots even faster than usual. Not because of the numbarz haxx (I don't give a shit about numbers), but 'cause the faster it shoots, the better it feels.
    But as soon are other peoples are involved, it becomes a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    easy to tell if they are doing it. the monster there hitting will receive damage a lot quicker than normal.
    you will notice them dropping items at a point as you have to for the glitch to work.
    i think they have to keep fireing all the time though it looks like it cuts out sometimes. the bullets are just invisable at that point

Just so you guys know, there are still several versions on the 360. One of which doesn't involve the dropping of any items (actually the first time I heard that one so could be 3+ versions now). Sega will never fix it unless they change how the gun works = never getting fixed.

Make that 4 if your not counting the stationary one.

Well on the 360 version.....if i join 10 seperate parties about 6/10 of them had atleast 1 person doing it.....

i joined this one party full of fighgunner n this one guy was teachin the rest how to do it :-S

Knew it would happen sooner or later, but i thought Pika sending a detailed report and me showing ruby in game would get it fixed before it became widespread. It's ridiculous. they have known how to do it for 2 months now and done nothing. It's better off if they don't bring MAG back cuz it will be ruined by this. -_-