Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No free roam.

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Yeah, if it's only 4 players max, then why have towns at all? Unless you like Fat NPCs and ghosts?
    i do :>
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I also was a little off-put with the new lobby system, but after running through the demo a few times, I can see how the streamlined effect really improves grind times and general mission runs. Let's see what happens with official content updates etc. The might implement waiting rooms or areas for you and your team to hang out and have yum-cha.

I also was a little off-put with the new lobby system, but after running through the demo a few times, I can see how the streamlined effect really improves grind times and general mission runs. Let's see what happens with official content updates etc. The might implement waiting rooms or areas for you and your team to hang out and have yum-cha.
    Won't happen. They will have downloadable missions, but there will be no content updates. This lobby system is final for PSP :P.

Besides, what would be the point? It's not an online game. In the non-XLink multiplayer model, you'd be in the same room with your team physically where you can talk all you want :P.

I actually like this setup. I know it's nice to wander around a city as your avatar, but this seems to show that they are more concerned with PSP loading speeds. Not only that, but they're paying attention to the portable market. Portable games are the best place to have more (skip to place) menus in them just for those reasons. That's thinking with the idea that you want to have the ability to play in as short sessions as possible.

You want to handle your town stuff quickly and go straight to the fun. Besides, if you want to model your character around, you're free to do it in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Reipard View Post
    Won't happen. They will have downloadable missions, but there will be no content updates. This lobby system is final for PSP :P.

Besides, what would be the point? It's not an online game. In the non-XLink multiplayer model, you'd be in the same room with your team physically where you can talk all you want :P.
    I don't wanna be like the people in that trailer though... D:
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~