Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSU: Will it suffer from release of PSP?

Mainly, Topic. Do you think it will suffer from ST's release of Phantasy Star Portable? Or maybe it already has started to suffer from it? Discuss.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

In my case, no, cause I don't have a PSP.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

I think it will suffer from the release of any game, not just PSP.

Heck, I plan to spend most of my time playing Soul Calibur 4 online with my Create a Soul characters, when that comes out for PS3/Xbox 360.

LoL, let me rephrase. I'm not asking if it will suffer form loss of players, I'm asking if the splitting of resources (man-power, time, money, programmers, etc etc) will affect Sega's ability to make good things happen for PSU. (not portable)
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries2384 View Post
    LoL, let me rephrase. I'm not asking if it will suffer form loss of players, I'm asking if the splitting of resources (man-power, time, money, programmers, etc etc) will affect Sega's ability to make good things happen for PSU. (not portable)
    No, because PSP is offline only, and everything we are getting in the game (if it even comes to America) is going to be on the UMD.

They won't need man power, or programmers, or etc... because it's a complete game.

something has already effected there ability to make good things happen on this game long before the psp version

Not at all. Remember, Sonic Team isn't developing this game; Alfa System is.

RAnewearl Extraordinaire AerisZeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Not at all. Remember, Sonic Team isn't developing this game; Alfa System is.
    Not to mention the game is already fully developed, if they're planning a release by the end of this month all that's left is printing and distribution. There's nothing to sway ST's attention away from this (PSU) except their own ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantra View Post
    I think it will suffer from the release of any game, not just PSP.

Heck, I plan to spend most of my time playing Soul Calibur 4 online with my Create a Soul characters, when that comes out for PS3/Xbox 360.
    Looks like i'm not the only one...

No, because Alpha Systems made PS:P and Sonic Team made AOTI.

The levels of weapon design and functionality show you this.

But yeah, the release of any big game (I.E. SCIV) will cause the drop in the player base of PSU. However, in the release of PS:P, expect a slight rise in the player base, the result of PS:P fans who are now looking for more and are unaware of the latest and current screw ups of Sonic Team.

Edit 1: See you there on SCIV, folks

Edit 2: PS:P will have Downloadable Content in the form of more missions to do.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.