View Poll Results: Is PSP the death of PSU, or is it a rebirth?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

0 0%
  • Rebirth

24 88.89%
  • I'm still playing PSO.

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Portable, Death or Rebirth?

I was just reading the PSU forum. And, it seems that a few of our members think that even if PSP is not released in America, it will be the death of PSU in America somehow (at least on PS2/PC).

So, I was wondering...

Is PSP the death of PSU, or it's rebirth?

Due to the fact, that it may or may not be coming to the USA, and other countries outside of Japan.

Considering the fact that it's going to unlock content for PSU:AOTI (at least in Japan), I consider it to be a rebirth (at least for the PS2/PC version).

But, what do you guys and gals think?
    Last edited by Zantra; Jul 12, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

Death because this time I'm in control of my character and no nerd owning a server is gonna tell me what I can and cant do with it. I don't want this to be the end of phantasy star, that's up to sega. If they decide to finally spend some money and make a polished game that doesnt feel loose and open source then this will only help sell more Phantasy Star games in the future. They already stated PSU will only last about 5 years. Only the people not knowing that will go to PSU I think.
    Last edited by deso123; Jul 12, 2008 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deso123 View Post
    Death because this time I'm in control of my character and no nerd owning a server is gonna tell me what I can and cant do with it. I don't want this to be the end of phantasy star, that's up to sega. If they decide to finally spend some money and make a polished game that doesnt feel loose and open source then this will only help sell more Phantasy Star games in the future.
    You voted rebirth, and titled your response rebirth, but you posted that you think it's the death of PSU...

I guess, it can be both.

I messed up. Changed my mind while writing it.

How 'bout neither?

I say rebirth, with PSU now being a portable option there will be more people who never played PSU before that might try the game and like it to the extent that they'll get PSU for the Ps2/PC/360. So in a way, I think this is a great way to bring in new PSU players. Personally, I've been spending hours on the demo alone, being able to play PSU on my PSP at anytime is something I really enjoy. (I have PSU on my laptop and I'm enjoying the PSP version more strangely enough.)

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    ...neither...
    This.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I can't say death or rebirth, but I'll say it might spark new interest in the PSU series. Maybe.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

None, PSP won't have all the missions that PSU does, it won't have near as many items.
    PSP was not meant for online (cap will be 100, PA's cap at 30) PSU is an online game.
    How does an offline game beat an online one? (Not including ST's current screwups)
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

The same way Monster Hunter Freedom and its two sequels pwn the original games. I really see in PS: P a kind of "Monster Hunter effect", or at least I hope so, and I'm sure Sega is hoping the same.
    Anyway I'm also enjoying more the PSP version than I enjoy the original game. Not the whole of it though (I love go shopping, and here you cannot ), but being able to play everywhere is just awesome. Plus it's a real PSU, not just some kind of quick-made game. I think it is bound to have more success than the real game has, seriously.