Default How to Beast Acrotecher...?

I went through the guide in the helpful thread, and I came out with the idea that a Beast WT would definately level with melee in mind. They'd use Whips/daggers/sabers and a tech mag for their combat support. This interests me quite a bit, especially because whips are so fun as I've already said in the PSU general forum... >.<

Is a Beast AT (with melee focus) possible? The PAs cap at 20, so you can't even use the second part of the whip PA or any PA for that matter. Or would I benefit more from simply staying WT on him?

Actually 20 is enough for the full combo on all single-handed weapons (you get the 2nd combo at level 11), so thats not an issue.
    It's worth trying out, a melee focused beast AT is as good as any other kind. Just don't forget your support techs.

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthre...ght=acrotecher

edit: ok well after checking this thread it is sort of out of date and has some misinformation. With AT its really kind of easy. Just check your Weapon Selection in the types list menu. Every weapon the AT is able to use is very good and can be used effectively!

The most important thing to do first is level Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier, Reverser, and Resta to at least 31. If you need help doing this you can send me a pm and I can assist you. If you have access to PA Fragments you should also level Giresta to 31.

For a beast I would suggest you level every PA for every ranged and strike weapon that is available to the Acrotecher, excluding the PA Fragment Bullets. These weapons include the Saber, Dagger, Whip, Twin Daggers, Handgun, Machinegun, Card, and Twin Handguns.
    There are several exceptions I would like to note:

1)The only PA Fragment Bullet PA you may want to consider is the Card bullet Masei-Shiki because it is more powerful vs neutral enemies than any of the elemental bullets, and it adds Zalure to anything it hits. If you want to you should still try the other PA Fragment bullets because you might like them or find a use for them that nobody else has realized yet.

2)The Twin Daggers PA Fragment Skill Renkai Buyou-zan is not very good for Acrotecher (but you should still try it because you might like it or find some use for it).

Now since you are using the Beast race your TP will be low, but you should still level up certain attack TECHNICs. You should equip the best wands and madoogs you can get. Even with low ATP, technics will be more effective against robots and other melee/bullet resistant enemies for the Acrotecher. To name a few, you should try leveling Megid, Razonde, Zonde, Diga, Nosdiga, Radiga, and Rabarta. You can make use of any attack TECHNIC so do not limit yourself to the ones mentioned here.

The Acrotecher also can use all traps excluding EX traps and traps that deal continuous damage. You should experiment with traps because they are indeed very good in a variety of circumstances. If you would like more advice on the best way to use these traps as AT feel free to msg me.

So in summary there really isn't any trick to being good as a Beast Acrotecher, just look at the Types List in your menu for Acrotecher and use everything you see. As you do missions you will discover effective ways to deal with enemies while taking care of your party. If you want some more tips or advice about anything related to Acrotecher feel free to ask me, I've been playing the class for a long time (as a CAST) and would be glad to assist you further.
    Last edited by Kerry157; Jul 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks. Had you read the post, you'd realize I've already read it.

Yes that is why i edited my post for you

Thank you very much. As far as buffs go, is the best way to level them simply to join those buff parties? I tried that once getting shifta up to 21 on my Guntecher, and it took FOREVER.

The best way is a buff party.