Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pipiruu View Post
    Yay, sticky!
    That was fucking easy for you...

Anyway, not many people come to social gatherings just to socialize. The way to get lots of people is to, of course, give away free stuff. Maybe think up some contest to hold during the time everyone is there. I know I'd come if there was free stuff!
    You did a good job of your layout for doing it for the first time!

EDIT: Not a fashion one if you don't mind. Had enough of those for now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    That was fucking easy for you...

Anyway, not many people come to social gatherings just to socialize. The way to get lots of people is to, of course, give away free stuff. Maybe think up some contest to hold during the time everyone is there. I know I'd come if there was free stuff!
    You did a good job of your layout for doing it for the first time!

EDIT: Not a fashion one if you don't mind. Had enough of those for now XD
    It WAS kinda easy. >.>;

But anyway, the problem is coming up with the free stuff. As far as items, I have no idea what people would want. I'm probably just going to give out money. It's easy, and EVERYONE wants free money! Yay!

I didn't want to make a fashion event, just something more for everyone to do. A little segment where vanity shots are being taken would be pretty fun. Everyone loves to feel purty.

But yeah, I'm going to go ahead and add the raffle to the front page.

Yummyyummy cupcake, please~<3

If, like it seems, this event is mainly hosted in order to promote meeting between people and gathering just for the fun of it above the rest, I don't think giving away Free Rarz would be a good idea.
    I mean, with that free item addition, you then wouldn't know who is coming for the social side this event was promoting at first place and who is here only to get his hands on gifted garbage ; if people really want to socialize, they don't need free stuff as an excuse to join in.

Unless you care more about the number of people joining rather than the reasons for which they joined.

Now I wanna come.
    Maybe you can support player started events too, like ones that people just make up on the spot.
    We can make this a lot more fun! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    If, like it seems, this event is mainly hosted in order to promote meeting between people and gathering just for the fun of it above the rest, I don't think giving away Free Rarz would be a good idea.
    I mean, with that free item addition, you then wouldn't know who is coming for the social side this event was promoting at first place and who is here only to get his hands on gifted garbage ; if people really want to socialize, they don't need free stuff as an excuse to join in.

Unless you care more about the number of people joining rather than the reasons for which they joined.
    Thing with the free rares is that the player actually has to do something to get them. Since Pipi is hosting it, she can deside who can join in on such events. If people are going to be a-holes, then they don't deserve the rare. Also, the beach is a big lobby, they can't bother you the whole time. And there's this niffty thing called the blacklist, which will shut them up completely.

I see it as this. I like to meet other people and such on here, but most of the social meetings on here die out real quickly because there's not much to do, therefor, not many people come in the first place. An event of some kind would keep the place entertaining for others and be a reason to come and visit. Like I said, I like meeting other people, but I'd rather material hunt then spend hours sitting at a lobby with five others.

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    And there's this niffty thing called the blacklist, which will shut them up completely.
    I'm really aware of that. Though I fear the soon-to-be time when it gets irritating having to put away someone from the BlackList in order to be able to fill the latest asshole on date in.

You're right, the whole idea IS to promote social activity. Most players choose to be alone because of how spread out most of us have become. The idea is to bring us all together.

As far as the giveaway, it's just to keep things interesting. I'm not going to hand out anything RIDICULOUSLY awesome (unless someone donates for that purpose), but it's really just for fun and, like Seo said, to promote showups. I also won't be announcing the winners until the end of the whole event, so har. XD

If anyone isn't there to meet new people and have fun, then it'll show and they'll be out of place. Although, since a lot of people genuinely want to make new friends, I'm not too worried about that.

As for random events during the event, that does sound like fun! The only thing is it has to actually work and not be something really, really stupid. Also, making everyone aware of it and participate. Aaaaand keeping the whole event from becoming a "DO MY EVENT, ITS BETAR" war. o.o;

Thanks so much for the feedback and ideas, guys! KEEP 'EM COMING! This event will be awesome.

Yummyyummy cupcake, please~<3

Spammers are inevitable, period. There's nothing you can do to completely avoid them.

This event is not all that different from Ryuki's famous photomeets, which essentially revolved around one "event": a huge group picture, and in recent events, making the letters "PSOW". Despite that, there's always a huge turnout, even after the photos have been taken. A large enough group can entertain itself pretty easily, so perhaps it would be worthwhile to advertise it as a PSOW social/photo meet. It may not last for that entire window of time, but I think you'll get a decent turnout.

Well, I'll try to come, but I kinda doubt I can...SEGA's refusing my debit card ;_; (tried sending a ticket, but still waiting for an answer).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Everything always fun sounding like this is always on the PC/PS2 Servers.