View Poll Results: How much longer do you think the Western Servers will last?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than six months.

19 14.96%
  • About a year.

38 29.92%
  • About two years.

36 28.35%
  • About three or four years.

19 14.96%
  • About five or six years.

8 6.30%
  • About seven to ten years.

3 2.36%
  • Forever.

4 3.15%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

well, i probaly say 2 or 3 years at best if sega can stop 1/2 assing its community as for ryan's post, tht would be a good idea but we wont really know if the japanesse people can actaully speak english or not. making working together hit or miss if you ask me. but yeah it depends on sega mostly if they wanna continute sopporting PSU so i guese 2 or 3 years since theres still stuff to look forward to and the gameplay is still fun.(with people that is)

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    I'm kind of curious. I don't see this lasting more than two years. One, in my opinion, is already being optimistic. Considering we can barely fill 2 stars on Universe 2 on the prime time, and it's an empty star on others (which is not good for the primary server), Sega can't be making much money off of this.

What's the population like on the Japanese servers? Those'll probably outlive the US/EU servers a good 2-4 years, even if the population is the same anyways.
    erhm... on the 360 OFF prime time universe 1 is barley accessible and at prime time univese 3 gets just about 2-3 full stars and a star outline everytime
    PSU [360]
    Chaos Maiden Newman F LVL53 {FT1,AT8,GT1WT1}
    Chaos Sniper CAST M LVL80 {FG14,Fg5,GT5,PT1}
    Vergil BEAST M LVL 57 (FF6,Fg1,Wt1,PT1,Af1}
    [luck slot]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan113 View Post
    It would be nice if they gave us a way to import our chars over to JP, that way they could just shut down the us/eu servers and gain another few stars. It's actually a win win situation (mostly). We, the players, win because we get to keep our chars and items AND would become part of a MUCH MUCH larger community. Sega would win because closing down the servers would probably save them quite a bit of money that, in my opinion, is being wasted on us.
    theres a HUGE flaw in the plan i'm pretty sure that alot of people aren't willing to learn japanese just to play a game
    PSU [360]
    [luck slot]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    I'd say about a year....two tops. Depends on how many updates we get between now and then. I know it's impossible, but I really wish they'd merge the PC/PS2 servers with the 360. It still wouldn't come remotely close to approaching the JP population, but it'd be enough to keep the game going for a few more years.
    i agree 110%
    PSU [360]
    [luck slot]

One year and one month.

i say less than 6 month if this bullshit keeps up
    Last edited by Omega_Weltall; Jul 17, 2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: angry misspellings

I figure about a year, maybe two dependent on how the game is handled from this point. At least PC/PS2 side. 360 has some safety because I believe both US and JP (the like 200 of them) play on the same servers.

I don't think the US/EU and JP servers will EVER be merged after playing over there. The economy is much different for one. I don't know if it would upset the JP players as a whole to have us seeing as I've met both really nice people and boot you from the party people. The whole feel of the game is not like here either, it plays the same just a change in the community atmoshere
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Can we play on the JP servers from 360? i have seen japanese characters in our uni's