Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Giresta

Default Giresta

Well i saw the topic concerning replacing resta with giresta...but I'm looking at how I play my AT and how no matter what's going on, or how low the damage is, I feel obligated to cast resta...and giresta just doesn't feel like its worth the damn PA Fragments...Ok, the revive is nice, but I always have maxed out moon atomizers/x on me...so reviving is no biggie...the regen is pointless, as I cast resta even when that's up...only time anyone has ever died with me, is if they go off on their own, and that's their own damn fault. Idk, how much of a noob AT would I be if I refused to spend my PA frags on this holy grail of support spells...Hell I cast resta when I see red 0's...
    Vexi: LV140 Female Newman - Acrotecher 20
    *Your party friendly heal bot*
    *Resta/Giresta/Reverser- 40* All Bufs- 40*

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

You wont know for yourself until you try it, but I'd have to tell you it is WELL worth it. Not only does Giresta have HP regen, the regen stacks itself, so that if you go for periods of time without getting hit, the regen will build up so that when you do get hit, it essentially prevents the damage. The only real advantage Resta has over Giresta is the range difference, and thats easily overshadowed by Girestas' insane regen. I'd vote you try it, it's incredible at 31+.
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

I am a support person as well when on my techer. Giresta is not meant to replace Resta. It is a buff and will make your life easier. Instead of using Giresta in place of Resta, use it with the buffs. While you continuously use Resta to keep everybody's health up the regen will stack on everybody which means when they finally do get hit there health bar won't even move. This will give you more time to tend to others that might be in need. If everybody has a nice stacked amount of regen you will be afforded some time to pay more attention to the buffs while dealing damage. You teammates will also enjoy the ability to slip up every blue moon and take a big hit without losing health. It not only makes things easier for your teammates, but it makes things easier for you in managing everybody's buffs and health.
    Work hard, play harder.

Well like what Darius_drake said.......giresta is considered a buff....i havent got deep into AT yet but from what ive learned......its not wise to replace it....

I wander if people replace giresta with resta since its so easy to level

i got mine to 40 within 1 day 1/2 range

i got my resta to 11 :-S

You vastly underestimate the regen. It stacks while the user is at full HP until they receive damage, upon which all the stored regen will heal any damage incurred. It's incredibly useful, and it's less of a hassle to have to chase down the stragglers since the stored regen will take care of them. I've never even touched Resta since getting Giresta.

Giresta is definatley worth it the regan makes you invincible and 31+ looks like an aura borialis
    PSU [360]
    Chaos Maiden Newman F LVL53 {FT1,AT8,GT1WT1}
    Chaos Sniper CAST M LVL80 {FG14,Fg5,GT5,PT1}
    Vergil BEAST M LVL 57 (FF6,Fg1,Wt1,PT1,Af1}
    [luck slot]

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    You vastly underestimate the regen. It stacks while the user is at full HP until they receive damage, upon which all the stored regen will heal any damage incurred. It's incredibly useful, and it's less of a hassle to have to chase down the stragglers since the stored regen will take care of them. I've never even touched Resta since getting Giresta.
    yea but doesnt the regen cancel out everytime u recast it over n over???

treat giresta as a buff, not as a healing tech. try not to cast giresta too often or else you will cause the HP regen to start over. Ideally you will cast it once every 4 mins but its fine to just cast it along w/ the other buffs.

used incorrectly, you can actually take away more HP than you give >_>
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Charger89 View Post
    yea but doesnt the regen cancel out everytime u recast it over n over???
    It does, yes. But also consider that the regen means less healing needed overall, and you'd be amazed how fast the regen stacks again. I still think it's worth it to use it as a regular healing Technic.

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    It does, yes. But also consider that the regen means less healing needed overall, and you'd be amazed how fast the regen stacks again. I still think it's worth it to use it as a regular healing Technic.
    thats not the point. of course you can use giresta for healing and it will heal just fine. but if you compare to resta, its not as good. resta is cheaper, faster and wont start the regen over.

many times there will be other party members w/ full HP present. if you cast giresta to heal one player, it also takes away stored HP from the players that happen to have full HP. so later on, when those players end up getting hit, you have to take the extra time to heal them. also there would be a greater chance of them dying.

dont forget your purpose here. you are trying to help others right? what if there was a tech that did nothing but take HP away from others? would you use it?
    Quit PSO2