Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Giresta

Fortefighter once again! Miyuki-chan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    I play with a Male Cast Fortefighter (2nd highest DFP in the game, IIRC) and a Female Newman Fortetecher (Lowest DFP in the game, if my memory serves correctly).
    Female Cast FF is #1 highest DFP with Male Newman FT being the lowest DFP, although the differences between male and female are pretty close.

I often run with a WT friend of mine who uses Giresta as his main heal spell, and I notice the difference in stored HP just running from one room to the next since it actually gets the chance to charge up. When I run with him as WT myself, I use resta to offset his Giresta to allow for the buff to stay charging properly. (I also carry all of the buffs as WT, while my friend only carries Megistar.)
    Only on Xblock270
    Miyuki-chan 110 Newearl FF20/WT20/FI10/FM2 (I remade her because she was too short...1680+hrs)

Miyukibot 89 Caseal GT14/FG8 (I remade her to match to Miyuki-chan...800+hrs)
    Asami 55 Newearl FG5/AT5

Pillan, there's no need to wait for players' HP to dip low before casting Giresta. It begins its stacking process as soon as you cast it, so why not sooner? The time spent waiting for low HP is time that Giresta could be stacking HP.

Tell me, how often do you actually see the stored ticks from Giresta negate an entire hit? Now, from that, discount the times that the person mentioned was using a long ranged weapon or constant stun-locking attacks. (This violates efficiency assumptions in every case except long, thin rooms or enemies that stand in single-file.) That really just leaves the first couple hits from bosses, which neither the Resta or Giresta advocate has in favor of them since you’re generally not going to cast either tech until everyone in range is taking damage. (The exception still being Boma Duranga.)

As Magnus seems to have noted, increasing DFP doesn’t have much of an effect. Nor does decreasing enemy ATP for that matter. At best, I’m generally taking around 4% damage every few seconds, which is ever so slightly more than Giresta ticks cover. Of course, this probably went up because my experience is with a Caseal AF 120/15 with a well-leveled support AT in the party (with 50% dark armor against dark creatures).

Now, once again, we’re assuming the party enters the battle and you start buffing while they’re fighting. Assuming Giresta is at the end of your buff chain, they probably have taken around 5-20% damage and start recovering from that point on. Now, if you wait until they’ve taken, oh, 75% damage and then heal them to completion, the amount from the heal will generally outweigh anything the ticks would have covered meaning that by casting it early, you’ll most likely have to make up that cast some point later down the road.

If the ticks are covering everything, then you wouldn’t need Resta at all and you’d just use Giresta once every 4 minutes. Obviously that isn’t the case or we wouldn’t be having a discussion about using one over the other.

And, as an aside on Deband, the effect of that buff actually reduces enemy ATP, much like armor element does. DFP, on the other hand, does exactly what it’s meant to do in the sense that giving any race or class a ridiculous advantage in it would make Casts more broken everywhere than Newman Fortetechers are against Olgohmon fields. If you do the math, you can see that the tiny bit of DFP outweighs the HP and EVP advantage of a Beast after things like Deband and armor element are taken into consideration. Of course, at that point it’s the difference between taking 25 and 30 enemy hits to die. (Note that the above is not true of Zalure, which really reduces DFP and makes the advantage very small.)

Either that or DFP has some weird non-linear ratio effect with ATP which looks like 1/5 damage reduction when it’s low and jumps dramatically when it’s high. To be honest, I’m not sure which is the case, but I’d expect the former.

not to do a 'post +1' but holy crap this thread's still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Tell me, how often do you actually see the stored ticks from Giresta negate an entire hit?
    honestly, it happens quite often. remember that not everyone plays a hunter who is getting hit nonstop. its not that uncommon for a ranger or force to not get hit for 30 secs or more. then when they take a hit, the damage is instantly recovered.

anyway, even assuming every member of the party is being hit very often, its still better to use resta over giresta when HP regen is active. no matter how you slice it, resta wins.

have you ever been poisoned or burned? sometimes you can just ignore it completely b/c the HP regen counters it really well.
    Quit PSO2

Hey guys, SeKaI is making a movie about this thread because it's so hilarious. Easily the funniest movie of the year.

Why is this thread still going? I mean, yeah it's hilarious and all, but given that the OP's question is pretty much long gone at this point....

My giresta keep ticking-ticking-ticking into the future

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I'd like to thank you all personally; this thread is funnier than anything you'd find in Fan Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Tell me, how often do you actually see the stored ticks from Giresta negate an entire hit?
    I read that and thought of all the amazing time i run in with my 38% armor+ legsless rainbow and buffs + giresta, go in and i can pump my shotgun with the happy reminder that the giresta is keeping any health i lost up!

it happens often i can take about 200 damage and the thing will fully heal me! its pretty good to get hit for 200 damage and no effects to take place

oh and just from reading this sentence i have came to the conclusion "Please dis-regard Pillan on Giresta related posts"
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    oh and just from reading this sentence i have came to the conclusion "Please dis-regard PSOW on PA related posts"
    Fixed.