Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Giresta

Giresta is great however if you plan on not using a Quick unit you might find it a little slow. I know on WT I use a TP unit for the extra healing power, so I use mostly resta when playing WT. As the other techer classes go however, you probably will be using a Quick unit and therefore you will be spamming Gi-Resta more. Resta does heal more than Gi-resta if you must know.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    thats not the point. of course you can use giresta for healing and it will heal just fine. but if you compare to resta, its not as good. resta is cheaper, faster and wont start the regen over.

many times there will be other party members w/ full HP present. if you cast giresta to heal one player, it also takes away stored HP from the players that happen to have full HP. so later on, when those players end up getting hit, you have to take the extra time to heal them. also there would be a greater chance of them dying.

dont forget your purpose here. you are trying to help others right? what if there was a tech that did nothing but take HP away from others? would you use it?
    By the time "later on" rolls around, they'll have stored regen again. The regen stacks so fast that the fact that you do take away potentially stored HP is fairly meaningless. The fact that you're doing it is very true, but I don't think it's worth the trouble to have to go through carrying Resta and Giresta. You're not going to find many people who think that minor effect is truly going to make a difference in any practical situation.

It still doesn't make it any worse than Resta, it would make it equal at absolute best. If I'm setting up a healing Wand/TECH-Mag and I want a Healing Technic + Reverser, I'm going Giresta hands-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    By the time "later on" rolls around, they'll have stored regen again. The regen stacks so fast that the fact that you do take away potentially stored HP is fairly meaningless. The fact that you're doing it is very true, but I don't think it's worth the trouble to have to go through carrying Resta and Giresta. You're not going to find many people who think that minor effect is truly going to make a difference in any practical situation.

It still doesn't make it any worse than Resta, it would make it equal at absolute best. If I'm setting up a healing Wand/TECH-Mag and I want a Healing Technic + Reverser, I'm going Giresta hands-down.

resta
    - lower pp cost
    - faster cast
    - doesnt take stored HP away from others

giresta
    - higher pp cost
    - slower cast
    - takes stored HP away from others

yea, that would make it worse actually. just because these are fairly minor differences, doesnt mean that giresta is better than resta. when comparing 2 things, unless they are exactly 100% identical, one is better than the other

what if you had to choose between 2 wands to use that had the same pp but one of em had 50 more power. sure its a pretty minor difference but one is still better than the other.
    Quit PSO2

- Charges are cheap, who cares about cost?
    - Cast time is nearly identical with a Har/Quick. Without one, I would actually recommend Resta.
    - You forgot to mention that Giresta ADDS stored HP, Resta doesn't.

Not sure what you're getting at here, dude. Let's also mention that the stored regen lasts for only 4 minutes. Am I "taking HP from others" if they simply don't need healing for 4 minutes?

my point is, depending on the situation resta is a better choice than giresta.
    Quit PSO2

Do you need Resta and Giresta? The answer is a clear no. Are there reasons to have both? The answer is yes. Is it worth having both? I’d say no. Which one should I have if I was just choosing one? I’d say Giresta.

Personally, I side completely with Typheros. Giresta has a few disadvantage over Resta: higher PP cost, longer cast time, slightly shorter range, and the regeneration reset. However, it also has several advantages: revival and addition of regeneration effect. The two spells have the same TP multiplier at any level, so the amount that you heal is the same regardless.

Of the disadvantages, the range difference really isn’t noticeable if you stay with the group, and the cast time becomes insignificant when combined with a Madoog or Wand and a Har / Quick. The cost is never an issue for me, as I rarely run out of a single Madoog when playing as GT, WT, or AT while using it liberally.

The regeneration reset effect is really a laugh to me as there are only two real cases where it comes up. The first is that one character received significant damage and the others continue to receive relatively none (regenerating the stored HP anyway) and the second is that the enemy is dealing so much damage to the party that you would need to heal them all anyway (meaning that the stored HP is gone at this point anyway). I never really understood this argument for that very reason.

Now, let’s say some how you enter the regime of the imaginary third case where one person receives significant damage and the rest of the party receives insignificant damage later. My first question is why do you care about regen at all if it’s not significant damage? (And there’s still a good chance that the character will regen it all one minute later…) My second question is how much faster do you think you could clear the stage with one less Giresta or Resta cast?

Now, if you would rather conserve PP, if you like the marginal speed and range increase, and if you still care about the regeneration reset, Resta is still a good choice and you may wish to consider both. Obviously, I’m biased in favor of dropping Resta.

Well as I ran WB about a billion more times today, a nice party started to form around me, which included a WT. He cast giresta everytime I cast my buffs, which was nice, since I love being the only healer in a party. I did notice that I healed hell of a lot less with it up...or should I say...I cast resta the same amount of times (everytime I saw a red number), but giresta usually had it covered. So ya, it seems like it's worth having, it'll just be a pain to switch out my weapons 3 times...once for normal buffs, again for giresta, and again for for my normal resta/reverser/attack tech set...I'll probably just replace diga with giresta on all my wands...we'll see.
    Vexi: LV140 Female Newman - Acrotecher 20
    *Your party friendly heal bot*
    *Resta/Giresta/Reverser- 40* All Bufs- 40*

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Giresta should be used as a buff. If you're that pressed for pallet space that you can't use Resta and Giresta, you can be lazy and just use Giresta. But you'll be healing a lot more often, which more than cancels out the laziness of not using Resta.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

lol, thing is I love healing, and that's one reason I'll always cast resta, even when giresta is up...makes me feel useful.
    Vexi: LV140 Female Newman - Acrotecher 20
    *Your party friendly heal bot*
    *Resta/Giresta/Reverser- 40* All Bufs- 40*

Giresta, as mentioned many times before, is probably best used as a buff. After that, I use Resta for general healing. Faster casting and costs less.