Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Human Acrotecher damage?

What would a H Acrotecher do more damage with? Techs or melee? I've been leveling my techs on him lately... I don't think an AT can really do much damage anyway even in comparison to other hybrids.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

If you run it strictly by the numbers they will be 3rd by race in melee and ranged damage and 2nd in attack technics. They are not far behind a Cast in terms of melee and ranged damage so they can fill any role well.

Well techs are going to be your damage dealer but its not like you cannot do decent damage with Melee. Actually on bosses the whip may be your new best friend. Remember you are a support class and your attacks are much weaker than most other classes. I suppose if you used your buffs and Lvl 4 debuffs you could hit as hard as WT using thier melee. I would not exactly count out using Twin Daggers either. Hishou is not bad. I would definetly concentrate on single handed weapons however. As far as guns, who needs guns when you have Noszonde or Nosmegid. You may want to lvl up one, I would say go with cards, mobility is the name of the game here.

ATs do exceptional damage....I often out damage the 2nd rate FT in my parties...but again, we don't have the kind of PP in our wands as they do in their staves... (i think) Don't worry about those damn PA techs...diga, foie, and ramegid (or any tagging spell) are all you need, and you'll do decent damage with each of them...I'd just say do w/e floats your boat.
    Vexi: LV140 Female Newman - Acrotecher 20
    *Your party friendly heal bot*
    *Resta/Giresta/Reverser- 40* All Bufs- 40*

Human? Melee, except in a few specific situations.

Tech damage is lol. They're all lying to you. You should still take advantage of the versatility of having them, but its pretty silly to focus on them. It makes MUCH more sense to focus on melee than techs... >_>;

Of course, if you lack decent weapons, and lvled PAs....techs are going to be stronger.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sega011 View Post
    What would a H Acrotecher do more damage with? Techs or melee? I've been leveling my techs on him lately... I don't think an AT can really do much damage anyway even in comparison to other hybrids.
    Compared to the other hybrids, the AT (male human 130-20) has 250 more TP than a WT, so the AT's attack techs are stronger than the WT's. While the WT has 130 more ATP than an AT; a WT using knuckles with a maxed ikk hikk and robado does superior melee damage. Then on the other hand, AT can use cards and twin handguns, making them the better ranged weapon user than WT, but not nearly as good as a GT with maxed bullets.
    Last edited by Magician; Jul 24, 2008 at 08:39 AM.

Actually a maxed GT with bullets and the same character does almost equal damage to FiG. Actually I think when I was playing FiG and GT, both maxed on my human character my mech gun bullets actually were a little bit stronger than FiG, of course I did not see them get stronger than FiG until about 38, so really FiG and GT do about the same damage with bullets, factor in lvl 3 buffs and lvl 3 debuffs.

Oh and since you do get lvl 4 debuffs as AT why not take advantage of them. The red debuff is great because with high % armor it will make it so you dont get knocked down by certain creatures.

All I can say is your skills will max out pretty quickly so either way you will find the opportunity to lvl up those techs.

GT is actually a suprisingly fun and in the right hands, can solo most missions as fast as most anyone else. AT is decent to solo with but can be a stuggle for those just starting out. Either way you should have fun lvling up AT.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Debuffs are pointles as most monsters get killed within a few seconds anyway. Besides, even if you reduce the total enemy DFP by 20% that is really only increasing your damage by 4% total (20/5=4). That makes it not worth casting as you could do more damage with a PA in the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    Debuffs are pointles as most monsters get killed within a few seconds anyway. Besides, even if you reduce the total enemy DFP by 20% that is really only increasing your damage by 4% total (20/5=4). That makes it not worth casting as you could do more damage with a PA in the same amount of time.
    this is poppycock