Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Couple questions about importing

So I've never imported a game before, but knowing that sega of america is much more likely than not to screw us over again, I'm really tempted on this one.

1) Is it possible to buy the digital download with my American account, if not, any drawbacks to putting it on my psp that is registered under my NA account?

2) Will I still be able to buy/download the dlc fine? Partly in tie with above question regarding PSP, since its obviously tied to my psn account.

Your PSP will need to be hooked up to a JP PSN account not only to buy the game, but to play online as well. So any content linked to a NA PSN account will get blocked out =/
    PSO2JP: Cyprus - Force - 21
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by WT_Kail View Post
    Your PSP will need to be hooked up to a JP PSN account not only to buy the game, but to play online as well. So any content linked to a NA PSN account will get blocked out =/
    Could that be solved with a second memory card, or is that inside the psp itself? I really want to get this but I don't want to deal with sega of america any more >_<

Nope. The PSP itself is what needs to be linked to the account. I guess this would depend on how much NA stuff you have saved on your PSP. I personally had only JP stuff anyway.
    Ship 2

Is it at all possible to switch between accounts on it somehow? Backing up saves is easy enough if I could do that.

Yes you can change accounts on your PSP by pressing "Triangle" on "Account Management" and selecting "Delete Account" and then going into the "Sign Up for PlayStationNetwork" and then selecting "Use an Existing Account" and inputing the info for your other account. Of course you would need to have a japanese/other account for this, and to make that what you need to go into "Create a New Account" and set your "Country/Region of Residence" as Japan (afterwards everything is in japanese so I would suggest searching for a translation guide for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshara View Post
    Yes you can change accounts on your PSP by pressing "Triangle" on "Account Management" and selecting "Delete Account" and then going into the "Sign Up for PlayStationNetwork" and then selecting "Use an Existing Account" and inputing the info for your other account. Of course you would need to have a japanese/other account for this, and to make that what you need to go into "Create a New Account" and set your "Country/Region of Residence" as Japan (afterwards everything is in japanese so I would suggest searching for a translation guide for that).
    Awesome thanks for all the answers and help guys.

So just to make sure, I don't need to reinstall psp updates etc. correct? Just switch accounts and save data?

EDIT: Also older question, will my american credit card work just fine?
    Last edited by Silver_Wyrm; Dec 9, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    EDIT: Also older question, will my american credit card work just fine?
    If you're planning on getting the digital copy of the game through the PSN store, you'll need to buy a yen card.

http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/ps3-...0-dl35000.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-26si.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dawndus View Post
    If you're planning on getting the digital copy of the game through the PSN store, you'll need to buy a yen card.

http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/ps3-...0-dl35000.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-26si.html
    i.e. No, an American CC won't work.
    Ship 2

thanks again for all the helpful replies!

One more question, is free dlc down-loadable without a cc, or will I need to have one just for it to register properly?

edit: since I cant check offhand, if thats a 5000 yen card, how much is the game itself?

edit: said 500 x.x
    Last edited by Silver_Wyrm; Dec 9, 2009 at 09:32 PM.