Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default non-elemental melee weapons?

If they're vastly cheaper than other counterparts, would you buy them? I'm looking to equip my Wartecher with Togeha-zashi. The nonelementals are 400k. The lower level Gazaha-zashi have 18% Fire and are 800k (currently all of my poor person mesta :P ). Are nonelementals horrible? Or do you actually use or prefer them?

If you are running low on meseta and it is very cheap, then buy it.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Non-elemental striking weapons are pretty much useless. They aren't weak to any monster, but they're not strong either. For elemental weapons, they function like non-elemental against any creature not of the same or opposing element (like a fire element weapon would do less damage to a fire creature, more to ice, and act like a non-elemental to other creatures).

Using elements to your advantage makes a HUGE difference, particularly for Striking-based characters. A 35+% weapon usually matches damage with a weapon one or two rarity levels higher than it (sometimes more) against the appropriate enemies. This makes a difference because some weaker weapons are pretty cheap and will save you lots of money for getting something in the 35-40% area instead of going up to the next step.

However, if it's only 18%, I wouldn't really worry about it. 18% doesn't give a very noticeable difference, in my experience. You don't really start noticing a difference until 25% or higher, but it doesn't really make a big enough difference to cut down the number of attacks you do unless you have high damage multipliers via PAs. On a normal hit basis, you probably won't notice a difference until at least 35%, though the PAs will definitely be noticeable by that point.

I used to not care, but I've learned that paying attention to elements pays off.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Even a small difference in % means alot in the long run. Sometimes weapons just suit a green color, otherwise I don't bother with Neutrals. :/
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

i wouldnt buy it even if i had little money sinse the 0% weapons only go down in price and u probobly woudnt be able to sell it later for the same amount u bot it for.

Like I'm telling anyone my real info, hahaha!

A non-elemental weapon and a low % weapon don't have a big damage difference, so unless it's a decent percential it's not going to make a huge difference in your game play.

Non-elementals are nice weapons to fall back on too, since you can take them anywhere they will always be useful.

If you can offord high-% weapons they will do better in the long run, but having a non-elemental isn't going to be a bad thing either especially once you get into the S-ranks.

Basically it come down to this:

Send a ton more money on a weapon that does a lot more damage in a specific situation

Or spend a little money on a weapon that does more damage.

Also: Yeah it's nice to be able to hit as hard as possible, but hitting for 1180 (18% weapon) instead of 1000 (0%) isn't going to kill you. Doing the most possible damage doesn't make the game anymore enjoyable and it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be (aka, neutral isn't useless). Unless the weapon starts getting up around 20% you won't notice much of a difference.

Bye the freaking good deal on the Togeha-zashi or I'm going to and makes some money off of it >>

I only go for neutral weapons for one single case. A neutral non-element dagger for Zyroko, as in my role-plays, even outside of PSU, she uses a large, jade-colored dagger. And honestly, I don't care too much about damage. Just as long as I can hit above 80 and...well, able to kill something.

For elemental weapons, I rarely care about the percentage...unless if it's ridiculously below ten. But other than that, as long as I have the element I want, I'm satisfied.

And yes, non-elementals are indeed cheaper, which is best for me. I'm quite wasteful with Meseta at times, and bleh...

Neko~

I like non-elemental weapons. Green looks good on a lot of weapons and if you botch a grind on them the non-elm S ranks are generally easier to replace
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

I buy weapons just for the color of them. Sure if I can make or get a good percent I'm happy but I'll take a low percent if the color is right. I do not like green much though so I usually pass on non elemental just for that reason.