Default MF vs FT dps comparison (plus madoog vs rod)

here are the straight dps comparison numbers for MF vs FT. all tests were done as a lv 150/20 female newman vs a single lv 106 light element gorumoro. i used the exact same equip (hizerisenba, haru/smart, psycho wand+10) except for puushan+10 on MF and shato+10 on FT. I was using SE2 buffs as MF and SE4 buffs as FT. the 3 techs i picked to compare were megido, ramegido and nosumegido.

megido

MF w/ puushan10: 1668
    MF w/ pwand10: 1629

FT w/ shato10: 1398
    FT w/ pwand10: 1431

final result: MF has 17% stronger dps

ramegido

MF w/ puushan10: 1618
    MF w/ pwand10: 1593

FT w/ shato10: 1358
    FT w/ pwand10: 1406

final result: MF has 15% stronger dps

nosumegido

MF w/ pwand10: 1287

FT w/ pwand10: 1248

final result: MF has 3% stronger dps

weapon cast speeds

MF w/ madoog:
    megido, ramegido = 56 casts per minute
    MF w/ rod:
    megido, ramegido = 39 casts per minute
    nosumegido = 25 casts per minute

FT w/ madoog:
    megido, ramegido = 46 casts per minute
    FT w/ rod:
    megido, ramegido = 32 casts per minute
    nosumegido = 25 casts per minute

looking over all the numbers, it looks like MF is stronger but not by a huge amount. however, keep in mind these are just straight dps numbers. i didnt take into consideration range, speed, size, duration, # of targets, SE level, SE apply rate, ability to pin monsters down, etc, which MF has the advantage for everything. also if there happens to be an AT in the party, MF's damage will increase by 10% but FT's damage will only increase by 3%.
    Quit PSO2

Rehabbed SEGAholic

One quick note is that the Nos- and Dam- technics will gain the least from the MF's casting speed bonus over the FT. This is due to the fact that only the initial casting animation wil be faster while the remainder of the technic will work exactly the same. Based on the above information this shows that Nosmegid has the least improvement for the MF as only the initial animation is faster. The technic's tracking and movement speed are still the same at level 31-40 as it is at level 41-50.

What this means is that the Dam- technics will only benefit a MF from the increased range and damage or possibly SE level while the Nos- technics only gain a slight damage increase unless it has the ability to hit an additional target. The MF will still deal more damage than the FT but the type of technic used will determine by what margin.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

If the Dam- technics have a higher elemental mod at 41+, then they should still be able to do a bit better I'm guessing. Even if the initial damage per hit isn't improved by much, the damage over time throughout the duration of the dam tech should add up, enough to kill faster I would think.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Nice. I'm not a force but its always awesome to see people doing REAL calculations.

Hey, Inazuma, I'm just trying to understand your numbers. Does this:

mean that you dealt 1668 damage per cast? Over a certain period of time? What? I'm just curious, because you listed a dps comparison directly underneath, which implies that time was included in there, somehow.

Also, are these with maxed technic levels? 50 MF, 40 FT? You didn't say. A good experiment must list all of its variables!

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Hey, Inazuma, I'm just trying to understand your numbers. Does this:

mean that you dealt 1668 damage per cast? Over a certain period of time? What? I'm just curious, because you listed a dps comparison directly underneath, which implies that time was included in there, somehow.

Also, are these with maxed technic levels? 50 MF, 40 FT? You didn't say. A good experiment must list all of its variables!
    those are the dps numbers. MF w/ puushan10 does 1668 damage per second.
    yea, all techs are maxed.
    Quit PSO2

Nice. What about Noosuudeegua?

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    If the Dam- technics have a higher elemental mod at 41+
    Every TECHNIC continues to gain elemental percentages at 41-50. Neat to see exactly how much better Masterforce is though...especially since most people held on to the argument of SE4 buffs closing the gap.

Oh. Looks like I was off on the overall tech speed difference. It appears that the effect of both casting speed and animation application once a speed unit is taken into consideration boost the 10% to look more like 20%. Nice work.

On Dam-techniques, I wouldn’t exactly put any sort of bet on those since the overall effect of no change in hits/time doesn’t shift it in favor of MF, so it should look like something slightly better than the Nosmegid example. (My offhand guess would be 5%.)

MF casts techs 22% faster than FT. its the same difference for madoog and rod.
    Quit PSO2