Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indica View Post
    Well, what people dont realize is Hemp is pretty much totally illegal to grow in the United States today. Hemp can produce paper, textiles, biodegradable plastics, health food, and biomass fuel.

This includes clothes, toilet paper, laundry detergent, soap, and even run a car. Henry Ford during the 1920's proved and manufactured a car out of Hemp and even able to run it on Hemp Fuel.

For every 3 acres of forest we destroy to produce paper, it only takes 1.3 acres of Hemp to produce the same amount and better quality paper and it does not need to go though a bleaching process with chemicals that is bad for the environment.

I can pretty much go on forever and didn't even mention our food source. Hemp Seed Oil contains all the amino acids which is a necessity to our digestive system. Your not going to get stoned off Hemp Seed Oil and it would replace all the crap these companies are putting in our food supply including Soy.

Hemp would surpass Cotton Tobacco. When your grow Tobacco on a farm, it actually destroys the land and dirt. Farmers would alternate each season on that plot of land by growing Hemp.

Hemp would restore all the minerals and neutrants in the dirt after growing Tobacco.
    Actually, common practice at the time was to use 2/3 or your land, while leaving 1/3 fallow, and rotate each year. Crop rotation came later.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Indica View Post

This includes clothes, toilet paper, laundry detergent, soap, and even run a car. Henry Ford during the 1920's proved and manufactured a car out of Hemp and even able to run it on Hemp Fuel.
    I'm pretty sure that Henry Ford was using Ethanol fuel produced from corn in the 1920s.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudai_Riisu View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Henry Ford was using Ethanol fuel produced from corn in the 1920s.
    Henry Ford grew hemp on his estate to demonstrate the efficiency of methanol production. Both Henry Ford and Rudolph Diesel (inventor of the diesel engine) intended to power their vehicles with plant-based fuels.

I think legalising it would let shops sell it fairly cheaply so it would cut down on drug related crime since, well how often do you hear about someone stealing or something to get money for a pack of cigarettes or a bottle of cider?

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the alcohol and tobacco companies. How much money do you think is contributed by companies like Phillip Morris and Anheuser-Busch to anti-drug advertising campaigns? They fear the legalization of marijuana because it would cut into their respective slices of the pie. I imagine plastics companies like DuPont are opposed to the legalization, also. You can use hemp to make material that's much more durable than plastic, and cheaper to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Raid View Post
    As it's been established so far. Marijuana could have some uses if legalized. But see it from the government's point of view "For responsible adults" RESPONSIBLE adults. In the government's eyes, the people are a bunch of uncivilized apes that don't know their ass from their elbow. Which sadly enough, is largely true. People getting stoned DO present a threat to others as well as themselves. Seeing as how it affects judgment and basically common sense overall. If it were legalized, any adult would have access to it. Just because an adult buys marijuana doesn't mean they're responsible. Have you SEEN the world in the past twenty years? We're getting dumber by the second. It's like in elementary school. Where the teacher would punish the whole class because of what a select few did. The government has no way of knowing who's going to get stoned and then go out driving five minutes later. The only way to ensure that no one abuses it is to outlaw it all together. The worlds chock-full of dumbasses who aren't responsible enough to even be called adults. Welcome to 2008 ladies and gentlemen.
    Hey. alcohol called. He wants to have a word with you.

Marijuana is less harmful to you than alcohol but you don't see alcohol banned. Hell, alcohol can kill you on its own. I really think marijuana should be legalized. I know a few people who do it and none of them are the total burn outs that the drug programs say they should be. The government can tax it just like everything else and make a good amount of cash off of it. They can control the safety of it and quality once it's legalized as well as keep many people out of prison. Our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for some guy who got busted with weed on him while murderers and rapists run the streets.

I don't think it should be completely legalized. I don't know much about the subject, but I do know that it can turn you into a total junkie, and we don't want any more of those, now, do we?

However, I do agree--it's ridiculous to be sending people to prison for it. I think a fine and a confiscation of said person's possession of marijuana should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Shligger View Post
    Marijuana is less harmful to you than alcohol but you don't see alcohol banned.
    Alcohol does slightly more damage to your body, yes, but that damage is distributed over the entire body. Marijuana's damage is exclusive to the brain, however. What's most significant about this, is that the brain does not heal so easily as the rest of the body, so any damage caused by marijuana is next door to permanent. Regular use of the drug even over a short period of time can make permanent changes to your speech and behavior that are recognizable to people who know what to look for.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Tested by pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessu View Post
    I don't know much about the subject, but I do know that it can turn you into a total junkie
    The second half of that statement completely validated the first half.