Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Ask Espiokaos maybe he can help you with the translation. A menu and item translation would be nice indeed

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

I would be very glad to help translating the game, believe me. The problem is that I don't know anything about hacking ISOs and all. I've already looked how to do that with the PSP demo, but it was faaar too hard for me.
    But if you know how it works... I'd be glad to help! Just mail me!

cwcheat is the tool that I am using, its slow, but I am making progress at locating the things that I want to change, Unfortunately, it seems that psportable has been somewhat designed to prevent an easy hex cheat for your PAs, the values where information about an item are stored seem to move alot, they dont generally go back to occupying the same location as before, and cwcheat isn;t picking up on that like it usually does. I think I'm going to have to break out a reference manual and go at it from the assembly angle.
    Unfortuanately I don't have alot of time to put to this since I want more spread needles. So this will be on hold for me at least until the event ends.
    Death only means that it's time to continue.

first items and menus translations is needed
    Phantasy Star Portable
    OrochiGab Lv 100
    Spoiler!

I've been trying to deal with the hex editor by myself for 4 hours now, and I really don't get it. I know I have to make a translation table or something, but I don't know how it works at all.

By the way, a lot of items, menus and ennemies are already in English in one of the files oO (this is the only thing readable).

I dont see a reason not to... As long as you are doing it, (Mi espanol es no bueno) lol, Seriously
    I'm rusty... I'm trying to decompress the file, I think the .fpb is a wrapper not a format... I'll keep u posted.. As for the translation i probly won't have time for it all; So if i do manage to extract it, I'll post all the kata and let u guys transcribe into english, espanol , italiano, ect. Oh btw i hate English (sad language) that is why i know other languages lol..

ok so i figured out that the .fpb file is a type of gzip compression (.zip, .tar ect..).i'm thinking where going to have to hex-edit the **** out of "file.fpb" by the time we figure out how to decompress and recompress, we'd probly be done hexing.... any one make any progress yet ?
    if so upload plz, btw we should just do menu,and items first and story last..

I already gave up. I'm now looking for an ISO hacker, I just can't do it by myself.

I'm not working on translation, just to be clear if you got that impression. All I know of japanese are words i learned from anime. and that's no vocabulary.. read it? HA! I recognize the basic no and wa characters, thats about it. English sucks, but its the only language of speech that i know to fluency.

Anyway, long story short, my project is simply to see huw much unreleased content i can make the game divulge without an update. My purpose in asking for information and offering some of mine is that there is a great deal of crossover in the two areas of research. What someone working on translation knows may benefit me to know, and vica-versa.

Also, If we can dig deep enough in the resource files, modification of the network protocols may make it possible set up an easier system of connection. The current system seems unnecessarily difficult to utilize via xlink kai. Hiding it in some of login/lobby shell might make a private phantasy star portable online game possible. Other interesting possibilities include adding items, or modifying them.
    Death only means that it's time to continue.

I do think this is a good idea for those who would like to better understand the game especially if they do not know Japanese that well. Personally speaking though from watching years of anime both subbed and unsubbed (not Amerime original JP) I know a bit of Japanese not to mention if you've played PSU enough you should know the controls and what everything does but that doesn't mean you should be limited to that. It's not that people are lazy for not learning the language to play a game like this but for many people it's something that isn't easy to get into.

An english patch is something that will span some game like this to many more people in the PSP community and the PSU realm as well. This is something that should be celebrated really, as this opens doors to a farther expanding player bases (more people to play with in general). A lot of people I know tend not to play with me as I have many JP games and they don't get what's going on, and I have to keep explaining it. Somehow the concept of the X and O being reversed is something that's too difficult to get. Personally speaking I find the O easier to use for accepting. Well anyway they say they would be more into the games if their was an english element to it like Guilty Gear or the Bleach Heat The Soul games you know?

Well anyway I suppose it's all up to what you want and what you feel makes the game more comfortable to you. I have no issue with the JP vocals or text at all, in fact I feel that's what makes the game even better really but it's nice to see that there is an ability to open it to other players in order to increase the community further.