Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Line Shield for Fortegunner?

I'm trying to cap to lvl 140 asap. I feel like I have outgrown my Phantom Line (DFP 70 Req) even though I rock with 9/9 and 8/8 phantoms.

My current DFP is about 190.

So I am wondering what the best line shield for me to use is (besides the ultimate unattainable Japanese server stuff which really sucks for me)?

Someone on the post about fortegunners talked about Rabol Lebfa(125, H,A, B) and Baji-senba(75, H,B). They don't seem good to me. I want something with A,B,E slots (all slots is the best though).

Seems like my only choice is a Serafi Senba, which costs like 13 mil >.<.

I was also considering the Castest Line and Storm Line, but the stat benefits don't seem worth it enough to dump my Phantom Line Set Bonus.

Check it out: http://psupedia.info/Line_shields

This part looks right on my edit section, I'm trying to put the stats next to each other for an easy compare.

Line Shield Maker Def. Eva. Ment. End. H A B E DFP REQ MISC
    Phantom Line G.R.M. 114 160 142 0 - o - o 70 Set bonus with Phantom.
    Set Bonus +125 ATT +30 Def +50 ACC

For Weapons
    10/10 Sniper = 416 att with Set Bonus (+275 att) = 691 att
    10/10 Phantom = 641 att with Set Bonus (+125 att) = 766 att
    10/10 Blackbull = 704 att with more pp
    10/10 Rattlesnake = 765 att with more pp
    Last edited by MysticGoten; Oct 6, 2008 at 08:04 PM.
    KMO (Xbox 360)
    Level 155 Male Human
    HU,RA,FO:10 Fortegunner:20 Gunmaster: 12 Guntecher: 5

I'm going for a Castest line for my Fortegunner, myself. Arm, Body and Extra slots; it's an S-rank armor specifically for the class.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Guess u forgot about Stormline?
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Castest Line, no contest.

I use Storm Line. Personally just dont like Serafi's. Castest Line is good.. but I like all slots.
    Loso - Male Cast - lvl 140
    20 Fortegunner - 20 Fighgunner - 20 Guntecher - 20 Protranser

I prefer Castest Line over Storm Line. Head slot is pretty much useless for a Fortegunner and +3 end is good. The best head unit with mst available now will only reduce tech damage by maybe 15 damage. You can't use s rank units in phantomline. Eventually we will get s rank arm units that will help overcome the Phantom combo with a decent Rattlesnake/ac.

Castest Line is probably the best, given that head slots don't do much for a Fortegunner. IMO, you don't really need to upgrade your current armor, unless you want better elemental percentages or want to use a body slot item/any S rank slot item. The higher defensive stats on better armor won't do as much as you'd hope, with the exception of +3 stamina.

Cast: Castest Line + Paradi Cataract (male) or any A rank or higher SUV (female)
    Non cast: Castest Line + Hard / Stamina (male) or any 3+ STA aura (female)

This is not for the extra ATP the Castest Line grants, neither for the DFP difference, unnoticeable on the field, but for the 20/22 STA, entering the 20 STA range you are not immune to all the effects (well, you are to Deljaban's Megid), but they will stick on you far less often.

In DFP terms, the Storm Line wins, why if its stats are inferior? simply because you can synth a relative lot of Storm Lines and get a set with good %s, but doing the same thing with Castest Lines is extremely harder because they aren't remotely as affordable.

But there is no way nowadays to hunt Hard / Stamina, only a few remain from 1up, then if you happen to be a non cast male Fortegunner, which seems to be the case, depending on your play style:
    · If you are a close range gunner mainly using Shotguns, Crossbow and some melee, go with a good set of elemental Storm Lines, efficient, and relatively cheap.
    · If you are a long range gunner mainly using Rifles, Lasers, Mechguns and Twin Handguns, so avoiding close combat, rarely being hit etc.; being non cast, I recommend you a weird choice, De Colte Line, if 20+ END is very good, which it is, 30+ END is almost State / Maintenance.

And a last note onto this, as I see you like sets and you appreciate your Phantom Line bonus, which in your mentioned 8/8 and 9/9 phantoms makes for 739 ATP and 751 ATP respectively, De Colte Line set makes of Sniper 10/10 a 691 ATP rifle, 60 inferior to your Phantom yes, but still superior to Rattlesnake+5 and even Killer Elite, AND with an armor that grants you 30 STA making you almost immune to SEs (rare rare rarely SE'ed) and grants you 350 EVP (300 for the armor and 50 for the set) really useful in the mentioned play style of long range gunner.
    Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.

Dakkon Blackblade, Beast Male (Level 150), FF 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Tor Wauki, Cast Male (Level 150), FG 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Marhault, Human Male (Level 150), MF 20/FT 20/AT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Frankie Peanuts, Cast Male (Level 150), GT 20/FI 20/AF 20 - PC/PS2, Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkon View Post
    Cast: Castest Line + Paradi Cataract (male) or any A rank or higher SUV (female)
    Non cast: Castest Line + Hard / Stamina (male) or any 3+ STA aura (female)

This is not for the extra ATP the Castest Line grants, neither for the DFP difference, unnoticeable on the field, but for the 20/22 STA, entering the 20 STA range you are not immune to all the effects (well, you are to Deljaban's Megid), but they will stick on you far less often.

In DFP terms, the Storm Line wins, why if its stats are inferior? simply because you can synth a relative lot of Storm Lines and get a set with good %s, but doing the same thing with Castest Lines is extremely harder because they aren't remotely as affordable.

But there is no way nowadays to hunt Hard / Stamina, only a few remain from 1up, then if you happen to be a non cast male Fortegunner, which seems to be the case, depending on your play style:
    · If you are a close range gunner mainly using Shotguns, Crossbow and some melee, go with a good set of elemental Storm Lines, efficient, and relatively cheap.
    · If you are a long range gunner mainly using Rifles, Lasers, Mechguns and Twin Handguns, so avoiding close combat, rarely being hit etc.; being non cast, I recommend you a weird choice, De Colte Line, if 20+ END is very good, which it is, 30+ END is almost State / Maintenance.

And a last note onto this, as I see you like sets and you appreciate your Phantom Line bonus, which in your mentioned 8/8 and 9/9 phantoms makes for 739 ATP and 751 ATP respectively, De Colte Line set makes of Sniper 10/10 a 691 ATP rifle, 60 inferior to your Phantom yes, but still superior to Rattlesnake+5 and even Killer Elite, AND with an armor that grants you 30 STA making you almost immune to SEs (rare rare rarely SE'ed) and grants you 350 EVP (300 for the armor and 50 for the set) really useful in the mentioned play style of long range gunner.
    Thanks a lot, this was really informative. I was looking at that combination because the EVA and STA would be a lot (I had no idea how much STA affected SE's though). I will probably try this combo out since I am a long range style (but still kick close quarters with Spinning Strike Saber with missile dropkick).

I'm covered, my friend gave me a Puyoment Aura.
    Last edited by MysticGoten; Aug 3, 2008 at 05:59 PM.
    KMO (Xbox 360)
    Level 155 Male Human
    HU,RA,FO:10 Fortegunner:20 Gunmaster: 12 Guntecher: 5