Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you cannot afford a castest line or can only afford one, I say make it dark for the extra end. Otherwise Stormlines are your best bet at the moment. I guess Serafi-senba if you can afford the ridiculous prices. Also I have yet to get a decent dark castest line, that is why I no longer have one. Right now I am a beast so I use a Delette line for my +2 end, with a stamina unit it puts me at 20. At 21 deljaban megid cannot kill you. I have been trying to replace it but it is 46% dark, my castest line was like 18% I personally did not care to where it with that low of an element.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkon View Post
    · If you are a long range gunner mainly using Rifles, Lasers, Mechguns and Twin Handguns, so avoiding close combat, rarely being hit etc.; being non cast, I recommend you a weird choice, De Colte Line, if 20+ END is very good, which it is, 30+ END is almost State / Maintenance.

*snip*

AND with an armor that grants you 30 STA making you almost immune to SEs (rare rare rarely SE'ed) and grants you 350 EVP (300 for the armor and 50 for the set) really useful in the mentioned play style of long range gunner.
    There is no such thing as a pure long ranged attacker unless you're doing cheesy things while soloing. Things will eventually reach you and when they do, the complete lack of DFP will do you no good. Plus there is plenty of enemies with long ranged attacks. Besides, if you really were staying away from everything, how would you get hit with SEs in the first place? Further more, 30 STA is hardly SE immune. SE3 will stand land, SE4 will land very easily and SE5... yeah. Just get a Resist unit.

For Non-casts, De Colte Line is best one. Immunity to all status effects + arm slot is all you need.
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.

Quote Originally Posted by Soukosa View Post
    There is no such thing as a pure long ranged attacker unless you're doing cheesy things while soloing. Things will eventually reach you and when they do, the complete lack of DFP will do you no good.
    I never said pure, I said "mainly", you are hit eventually, well, that depends on your skill and your damage output, speaking of groups, the group and the gunner aren't doing very well if things can reach often the gunner; and speaking of solo, as stated above, skill, target priority and damage output. I can solo any S2 or AoI S mission, depending on the enemies setup with Mechgun dodging, Rifle control, or Lasser annihilation (Sleeping Warriors) in less than 15 minutes without being hit a single time) but yes, it eventually happens, and when that happens and they reach you, damage wise, the not even 140 DFP the discussed armors provide will only prevent like 30 damage in off element, around 80 in right element depending %'s, as it doesn't happen often, EVP is highly efficient in those times, DFP not so much, since you aren't standing up close combat, you just reposition yourself given the case and keep shotting, and the base player DFP is far higher than that of a Castest Line, that point has been discussed often on these forums with the Orpad Guard debate.

Plus there is plenty of enemies with long ranged attacks. Besides, if you really were staying away from everything, how would you get hit with SEs in the first place?
    Indeed, plenty, let's name a few, the more common ones in the more played missions, such as Foie (Gaozoran, Vanda Orga, Bysha type-Otsu32), Grants (Rappies, White Beast guys) Barta (Komazli, Olgohmons, Sageeta, SEED-Ardite), Megid (Deljaban, Carriguine, Delp Slami) and the multiple ranged attacks from robots and humanoids (seeker rockets, tech casters and rifle bullets), the list goes on, but... wow, surprisingly ALL of those inflict SEs, what a coincidence... THAT's how you get hit with SEs in the first place. I think there is no need to elaborate further.

Further more, 30 STA is hardly SE immune. SE3 will stand land, SE4 will land very easily and SE5... yeah. Just get a Resist unit.
    I said "almost State / Maintenance", "rare rare rarely SEd", not immune. But well, just check it for yourself in the field during a prolongated exposition in a harsh mission that can put your END to the test, I really started to appreciate this armor during my Needle Cannon / Deghanna hunts: do 15 or 20 runs at Grove of Fanatics with your own armor setup and write down in a note every time you are shocked, stunned, burnt and or frozen. Then do the same amount of runs with a De Colte Line, repeat the noting and compare the results.
    Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.

Dakkon Blackblade, Beast Male (Level 150), FF 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Tor Wauki, Cast Male (Level 150), FG 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Marhault, Human Male (Level 150), MF 20/FT 20/AT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Frankie Peanuts, Cast Male (Level 150), GT 20/FI 20/AF 20 - PC/PS2, Online

Quote Originally Posted by Starrz View Post
    For Non-casts, De Colte Line is best one. Immunity to all status effects + arm slot is all you need.
    Except 30 STA is very far from SE immunity, and the lack of DFP will destroy you.

I think I'll roll with a Castest Line (Cheapest one for awhile was 7 mil, but it was bought).

Some guy had a Storm Line for 30k (worth 2 mil) in his shop and I bought that thing in like 5 seconds, so I am good now.
    Last edited by MysticGoten; Aug 10, 2008 at 10:16 PM.
    KMO (Xbox 360)
    Level 155 Male Human
    HU,RA,FO:10 Fortegunner:20 Gunmaster: 12 Guntecher: 5