Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

If Sega hadn't been bought out by Sammy and still had their AM teams separate and (as much as I'm going to hate saying this) never made Shenmue then it would still be making games as a first party developer. Back then, Sega made some pretty decent games and had the talent to back it up. Now they are just a former shell of what they were.

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

I believe that's spin for "We know we'll never be number 1 again".
    My better is better than your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    If Sega had their own console, then I suppose this woldn't be much of a problem.

Next gen Dreamcast anyone?

Also, this comment sums it up quite nicely.
    I need to disagree with that quote (that won't show up because of the quote system).

SEGA has the Sonic brand name. They crank one of those out every year or so. The last half-way decent Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 2. Yeah, he's their mascot, but that doesn't mean they can just shove him into whatever and call it a game. You sort of contradicted yourself there too.

By agreeing with that excerpt, you were implying that SEGA shouldn't be using Sonic as a cash cow like Guitar Hero or Rock Band (which are in a genre that SEGA doesn't work it, and needs to be vevamped fairly frequently anyway). Then you go and say SEGA can milk Sonic as much as they want.

I also don't see how SEGA getting back in the hardware war would help them. It'd only further divide their attention.

SEGA has a bunch of licenses, yes. They piss all over those too. Look at Iron Man. It looks alright, yeah, but the game is five hours long. They jump in, buy whatever license seems hot at the moment, throw it in the microwave, and then yank it out before the buzzer beeps. They're like the King Midas of crap right now.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post

SEGA has a bunch of licenses, yes. They piss all over those too. Look at Iron Man. It looks alright, yeah, but the game is five hours long. They jump in, buy whatever license seems hot at the moment, throw it in the microwave, and then yank it out before the buzzer beeps. They're like the King Midas of crap right now.
    Don't play movie based games.

Ever.

That was just a recent example.

And I didn't rent it, my brother did. XD
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I feel sorry for your brother.

He rents a lot of junk. But he doesn't play as much as I do, so he likes them better than I do.

But five hours? I took it back that same day and told them the disc was borked, so he got to rent Kingdom Under Fire for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ABDUR101 View Post
    Sega DOES milk their fucking brands, hello, Sonic? PSO/PSU? They'll rehash those until Sonic eventually falls into a gene-vatomatic machine and has the ability to morph himself into other creatures to solve puzzles and advance through the game...oh my god...this idea is actually better than some of the shit they've already put the Sonic series through!

As for the other games they release, yeah, it's more like they snag good ideas and then do a shake and bake to get it out there. Hype it up, let it loose; voila.
    Oh my god, this for some reason made me think about that South Park episode where they were trying to release Kenny's soul from Cartman, and they were showing previews of Rob Schneider movies. I can just see it now...

"Sonic was a Time Traveler, then he was a Werewolf, then he was a Knight, now, watch Sonic as he gains the abilities to transform into other animals in Sonic the Transforming Puzzle Solver."

I don't consider StH2006 as a game. As I'm sure everyone else as well.

It never happened.