Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

The Olympics really isn't the place to "beat your personal best".

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    "According to the passports issued by their government, they are old enough to compete." Which is what everyone's been saying for awhile.

One is easily old enough, another is "eh...maybe", the smallest one still has the kid look in her face. (Yeah I know, Asian girls generally look younger than what they are.) But this girl, there's no way she's 16 or turning 16 this year. (As the rules require for these events.)
    Yea but their passports from like 2 years ago had them listed as like age 11 or something according to alot of the sports analyst. And china is claiming that it was all just an big misunderstanding hmmm either way they were good and deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Marry me Michael Phelps.

Go Team America!
    So do you really want to become a mermaid because clearly that guy isnt human and swimming like that ....
    Last edited by Dhylec; Aug 17, 2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: merge

Marry me Michael Phelps.

Go Team America!
    I will fight you for him D:

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    OMG did you see that little tribute to him they should him at age 4 he had speedos and almost the exact same goggles except he got the first pair off of the ice cream truck and his new ones are made by Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Nice support for your team there, don't see you stepping up though so maybe you should cut him some fucking slack? Beating your own time and seeing your own improvement is always something to be proud of, whether it's first or last place.

Really what you want him to say, a tearful apology to Canada for "letting you down"? Endless excuses and make Canadians look like sore losers?
    You shouldn't be there to best yourself. You're there to represent your country and win. When you lose and just go "I beat my personal record and that's all that counts! ^_^" like some grade-schooler at the school track and field meet, you're essentially taking pride in the fact that you lost.

The Olympics isn't really the right place to be improving. There's no participation ribbon at the Olympics. We lose over and over, but the athletes don't care. So pardon me if I don't root for people who couldn't care less about how they're making my country look bad.

I'll cheer for Canada when Canada gives me a reason to.

EDIT: To iterate my point, Canada has a grand total of 0 medals. I'd go look up how many events we even could have medalled in, but my internet's borked right now.

EDIT 2: Thanks to David Calder and Scott Frandsen for earning Canada's first medal (Silver).
    Last edited by McLaughlin; Aug 16, 2008 at 03:49 AM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Phelps should legally change his name to aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    To the death! There are better looking guys out there, but a guy with accomplishments like that... Rawr. He'd probably want to get married underwater, but it doesn't even matter to me. ;3

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

To the death! There are better looking guys out there, but a guy with accomplishments like that... Rawr. He'd probably want to get married underwater, but it doesn't even matter to me. ;3
    WTF ha ha ha ha I psml when i read that response.

Squidsquatch

Incidentally, the 400 relay was tonight. Phelps won his eighth gold and set his seventh world record. That's history, that is.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I wonder if anyone finds that...suspicious?

inb4flaming.