Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Already???

Exclamation Already???

Alright we've all seen the funny videos/site about fake new game systems but now all 3 major companies (nintendo, microsoft, and sony) are talkin 'bout new systems. nintendo and microsoft say 2010 and sony says 2012. I think that's way to soon. I mean the Wii 360 and PS3 could last for 10-15 more years. why so soon????

Whats yo thought on this?
    Last edited by Mark87; Aug 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Because we need better graphics than real life(/sarcasm)
    I would rather wait for some more games to come out for the virtual console before thinking about more advanced technology(Virtual Boy 2 lol)

I haven't even gotten my first PS3 game yet. I'm not surprised by the Wii getting an upgrade though; Nintendo needs a system with an HDD and better graphics to keep up with the competition. Plus, Nintendo is always releasing something better. But 2010 for the 360? Yeah, that's too soon. 2012 seems like a better choice.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Opinion to game companies = stfu about releasing new consoles when more than half the damn games you've been bragging about aren't even out yet.

Fallout 3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Resident Evil 5
    Silent Hill 5

etc.

And those are just the ones that were supposed to come out this year.

I don't even think Nintendo needs new hardware, they just need to get more good games. All the good ones are first party titles, with few exceptions (like No More Heroes. <3 Suda51)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

09/09/09

It's STILL thinking...

Nintendo Wii needs some good games. Not party games. Some are good, but please, no more party games. I like the Nintendo Wii &it HAS potential, but who's going to man-up &do.

Graphic don't matter much to me, it's the fact that the game is great, &entertaining should be enough. ;]

Other than Nintendo.

The Wii is actually even capable of good graphics (see: Metroid Prime III)

Everyone just wants to make crappy party games and half-assed ports though.

Not that thats bad in itself, yes, I'm quite happy some Wii games are being used to physical rehabilitation and to help the elderly - theres nothing WRONG with that, just don't make that the primary focus is all.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    The Wii is actually even capable of good graphics (see: Metroid Prime III)

This.

The Wii is supposed to be more powerful than the Gamecube, yet the gamecube on the whole has better looking games than the Wii does. Resident Evil 4 (and the REmake and RE0), The Rogue Squadron series, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Starfox Adventures, among many others, all have graphics that are incredibly impressive for Gamecube games. Yet for some reason, almost no Wii titles have taken the initiative to better these games in visuals.

So where is this muscle going to? Certainly the Wii is the least powerful of the current generation of systems but there is no reason most of them look like first generation PS2 titles.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I'd like to say it's the resolution, but I don't know about the resolution settings on TVs.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    I'd like to say it's the resolution, but I don't know about the resolution settings on TVs.
    Both the Gamecube and the Wii are capable of SD (standard definition) and 480p (progressive scan). The Wii can offer actual widescreen support, though.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter