Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Default Greetings from an old legend

Let me start off by saying that even though low in number, I am greatly pleased to see that there are still people who appreciate the great game that was Phantasy Star Online Episode 3. I was a devoted player from start until finish who went by the name of Deadbeard. The times that were spent here were among the best to be had in any game to date, even now no game has properly emulated this games overall charm. A game that seems so simple on the surface, but underneath, theres an insurmountable amount of depth and attention to detail needed to properly master it. Even after all I learned at one point, there was still much more for even me to master. I think overall this game did not get the attention it deserved and may well been ahead of it's time in some ways. I would like nothing more than SEGA to take another look at this game now and consider re-creating it again and giving it the chance it deserves in todays market. I'm sure with proper updates ect this game could be a success, and I surely hope that day comes to pass.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 24, 2008 at 04:35 AM.

Who is Deadbeard? Never heard of you..

I have! (he was like, the one person for many that couldn't be beaten - not 100% unbeatable, but definitely a challenge and a half at the time. o_o)

Welcome back Deadbeard! Cool, well you should know by now that CPS is working on an Ep3 project of his own, so who knows how it'll go from here on out. Perhaps you came at a good time!

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

Default Thankyou voxie

Quote Originally Posted by voxie View Post
    I have! (he was like, the one person for many that couldn't be beaten - not 100% unbeatable, but definitely a challenge and a half at the time. o_o)

Welcome back Deadbeard! Cool, well you should know by now that CPS is working on an Ep3 project of his own, so who knows how it'll go from here on out. Perhaps you came at a good time!
    First off, i'm extremely pleased to know that an old friend of mine is still here, and is still a part of the EP3 community. It took me a while, but I now realize that staying involved with this game is very important, and that's exactly what I intend to do. Secondly, I haven't had much time to see how this project is coming along, but it sounds interesting enough, my skills have not diminished not even a single bit over the years, and look forward to the day when I can step on the field once more.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 24, 2008 at 04:35 AM.

Welcome, Deadbeard, to PSO-World! Glad to see another PSO player. Even moreso an Episode 3 player! Enjoy the forums, forllow the rules of the forums, and have fun! Hope to see you around!

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Default Who was Deadbeard...

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    Who is Deadbeard? Never heard of you..
    I was a person who rose to the very difficult challenge that was mastering EP3, (and there was still much for me to learn) and eventually became a "battlelord" of sorts. I learned many of the ins and outs of this game not through reading FAQS, not through cheating or using codes, but tons and tons of practice against human opponents. I admit, the beginning of time online was very very rough, I made mistakes that even the worst players at the time weren't doing, but I saw that there was more to this game than meets the eye.

I was the first and only legit C.A.R.D. level 999 to ever play this game, and when all was said and done, I retired the game with over 15000 online wins (yes this count includes COM battles, but it includes MANY more human opponents) and somewhere between 300-400 losses. And was the most fun i've had on any online game to date.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 24, 2008 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    Welcome, Deadbeard, to PSO-World! Glad to see another PSO player. Even moreso an Episode 3 player! Enjoy the forums, forllow the rules of the forums, and have fun! Hope to see you around!
    Thankyou very much, glad to be here.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 24, 2008 at 04:36 AM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Hello Deadbeard, I remember you

good seeing you here. never was fond of your arrogance though, i must say

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    Hello Deadbeard, I remember you

good seeing you here. never was fond of your arrogance though, i must say
    VR Raiden..I certainly remember you as well, how's it been? Not sure how I passed off as arrogant to you though, anyone who got to know me knew I was just a person who loved the game and loved good competition. Never in all my time there did I ever trash talk or talk down about any other player, no matter what the circumstance.