Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Default Dice Manipulation?

Before anyone gets the wrong idea about this post, it is not a cheat nor a hack or even a reference to either one, but it is the truth. I recently found a thread that was posted about me and there was a comment about me being able to manipulate dice, and I would like to shed some light on that statement.

Anyone is entitled to believe whatever he/she wants about what I am about to say, but there was indeed a way to do exactly that, but only to a certain extent. And it required no hacks or cheats as I said before, all it required was a simple push of the A button at the right time after the dice begins to roll, and I still to this day wonder if Sega put that into the game intentionally, or if it was just a glitch, but in any case it was real.

It took me several weeks of testing until I concluded that it wasn't just luck, and this was right around the time I quit the game, I did in fact even attempt to show a few people how this worked out, but it was much easier said than done, what took me months to even begin to pin down wasn't so easy to explain, and so, this was quickly brushed off as a myth since no one else was able to pull it off, not even my dedicated team partner, whom I shared everything with.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 25, 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

ah so you saw that topic >.> yep, Dikky is quite the character.

I find this extremely hard to believe. If it's true though, it kind of breaks the game wouldn't you say?

and I apologize, some of my comments in that topic are kinda rude.
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 25, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    ah so you saw that topic >.> yep, Dikky is quite the character.

I find this extremely hard to believe. If it's true though, it kind of breaks the game wouldn't you say?

and I apologize, some of my comments in that topic are kinda rude.
    It only breaks the game if it wasn't put in the game intentionally, like I said, it's not yet known if this was supposed to be like this, or if it was just a extremely rare glitch. Either way though, it was VERY hard to do this, so much as even a slight fraction of a second threw it completely off and you'd get random results.

I don't know who Hexadecimal is yet, the person who wrote the initial comment about me being able to do this, he/she mentions maddox so that kind of narrows it down to a few people, but I did in fact try and teach others how to pull this off, but it was so hard and late in the games life cycle that it never happened successfully. And as far as the comments go, doesn't bother me at all, people are entitled to their own opinions about things.

Hexadecimal is Narranna (sp?) if I'm remembering right.

couldn't the fact that its so hard to pull off just be that the roll is truly random, and you just think you did it "correctly" when you get the roll you wanted? If it's a rare glitch, than it's really no different from just hitting the button whenever and getting the roll you wanted unintentionally. It might just not exist in the first place.

personally I doubt that this was put in intentionally (if it exists)

Hexadecimal is Narranna (sp?) if I'm remembering right.

couldn't the fact that its so hard to pull off just be that the roll is truly random, and you just think you did it "correctly" when you get the roll you wanted? If it's a rare glitch, than it's really no different from just hitting the button whenever and getting the roll you wanted unintentionally. It might just not exist in the first place.

personally I doubt that this was put in intentionally (if it exists)
    That name definitely rings a few bells, and on another note, couldn't the fact that it's so hard to pull off mean that Sega didn't want it to be abused? This isn't something that I got lucky and pulled off one day and thought I was onto a groundbreaking discovery. This is something that I tested thoroughly for many many weeks before I knew it was real. We can all have our personal doubts about whether this was put in intentionally or not, but without confirmation from a representative of Sega it will continue to be exactly that...a personal doubt.

so when you got the timing down, you could do it correctly consecutively?

btw I'd like to discuss ep3 philosophies, strats, or anything ep3 related with you sometime. Think it could be pretty interesting
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 25, 2008 at 04:54 PM.

so when you got the timing down, you could do it correctly consecutively?

btw I'd like to discuss ep3 philosophies, strats, or anything ep3 related with you sometime. Think it could be pretty interesting
    Yeah, if you had the right timing you were good to go. And im always ready to discuss any topics dealing with EP3, because as I stated before, theres more to this game than meets the eye once you start to look under the surface, and I definitely think this game warrants a closer look.

cool. I would ask how to do it in detail to try it for myself but i don't have my copy of EP3 with me now anyway.

did you ever play R? he was a great player, I played him a lot later on in EP3's life.
    or er1? he was my main team partner for a long time. we had some pretty badass team decks.

Default Team Battles

cool. I would ask how to do it in detail to try it for myself but i don't have my copy of EP3 with me now anyway.

did you ever play R? he was a great player, I played him a lot later on in EP3's life.
    or er1? he was my main team partner for a long time. we had some pretty badass team decks.
    It would be a complete mockery to all the greater players of EP3 to not include R. He was not only a stunning player who understood the ins and outs of the game, but he was a person who never cried or complained after fights, no matter if he won or not, he would always end his fights saying "GG" if it was indeed one.

One thing about him though, is, and don't quote me on this but, I don't believe he ever found a sound partner to play with that he was 100% comfortable with. And thats where this game really begins to shine is in it's team battles. 1vs1 battles are more reliant on luck, where as usually it's safe to say that the person who had the better rolls would indeed be the victor in most cases, there were definitely exceptions but generally that was the outcome.

In a team battles it's all about in depth planning and strategy with your partner, and though bad rolls could w/o a doubt slow you down, it absolutely did not determine the outcome of who was gonna win the battle in the end. I cannot even begin to tell you how many battles I were involved in where even though the rolls definitely weren't in our favor, we still ended up winning through superior strategy.

On the same note with team battles, I believe that anyone who played on 'Defeat Player' setting truly depleted much of the purpose of playing team battles in the first place, when all was said and done, it tended to promote more people just focusing on killing one player the entire time and just completely ignoring the other no matter what, and that right there destroys half of the real planning with your partner. I have been involved in more battles than I can remember where either my partner or myself were destroyed early on and even though things started to look grim, we still won the match in the end, taking away that element of the game is to basically snatch away the core of team play and render it not even worth playing.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 26, 2008 at 06:01 AM.

Yeah I don't recall ever seeing him with a partner of any kind really, I only played him 1v1. Always used Heroes lol

I definitely agree that 1v1 is more reliant on luck. Dice rolls/who goes first play a much greater role than in teams. In teams, there's a chance that if you get a bad roll, you're partner will be well equipped to back you up. I always had more fun with teams. Like you said, it gives much more strategy and depth to your decks than a solo deck allows.

and yeah I've been in quite a few battles where my partner or the enemy team's partner pulled through after they're partner was killed. Defeat player ruins that rush you get when you're the only one left fighting for your fallen partner

im curious, how would you split up luck and skill in solo and teams? luck being dice rolls, deck shuffle, first roll, etc. skill being deck build-up, strategy, etc. I always felt like solo's were around 60% luck/ 40% skill, maybe more luck involved than that though. I guess i'd say 40% luck/ 60% skill for teams or somewhere around there.
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 26, 2008 at 08:30 AM.