Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    Yeah I don't recall ever seeing him with a partner of any kind really, I only played him 1v1. Always used Heroes lol

I definitely agree that 1v1 is more reliant on luck. Dice rolls/who goes first play a much greater role than in teams. In teams, there's a chance that if you get a bad roll, you're partner will be well equipped to back you up. I always had more fun with teams. Like you said, it gives much more strategy and depth to your decks than a solo deck allows.

and yeah I've been in quite a few battles where my partner or the enemy team's partner pulled through after they're partner was killed. Defeat player ruins that rush you get when you're the only one left fighting for your fallen partner

im curious, how would you split up luck and skill in solo and teams? luck being dice rolls, deck shuffle, first roll, etc. skill being deck build-up, strategy, etc. I always felt like solo's were around 60% luck/ 40% skill, maybe more luck involved than that though. I guess i'd say 40% luck/ 60% skill for teams or somewhere around there.
    Theres probably more like a 70% luck 30% skill solo ratio. I've seen and been involved in many matches where someone would get absolutely devastated by a 1/1 roll at the wrong time and that would seal the match pretty much, and that person was usually the better of the two playing. As for teamplay, i'm definitely gonna have to say there's alot more skill involved than that, 80% skill 20% luck is what i'd have to say, the difference between solo and team is like night and day as far as strategy and your actual deck build is concerned. The majority of my battles were teams and I can honestly say first hand that when you and your partned have truly mastered the arts of working together as a team, low dice rolls won't affect the outcome of the match much and you can work around them, they are universal so your opponents will also get low rolls sooner or later, and when it happens, they will be devastated by them, much more so than your team was.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

hmm I think i can agree with you on those points. but I was thinking more about the shuffle of your deck as for luck in teams. a well made deck makes it less likely to get a horrible shuffle i guess but it can still happen. Like if all your def cards come at once, or you lose your weapons/creatures and none come back to your hand to set. but of course in teams, you have your partner to back you up if something like that happens.

what was your favorite team deck? and who was your main partner btw, I wonder if i ever met him.

I always liked my Relmitos team deck, had it with more than 1 partner. Summit Moons, shifta. big damage.

or my team deck with Er1 that involved Legacy and Flatland, one of us would legacy to get 7pts to set say, an Epsilon, and the other sets up a flatland for them. it was great vs arkz, being next to an epsilon is not fun lol

So if the dice can be manipulated then I take it that thier scramble isn't completely random? Like, maybe theres a pool of a dozen or so "random scramble" variations and if you catch on then you can choose when to stop the dice and get what you want, like that guy who won it all on that old gameshow "Press your Luck"?

Quote Originally Posted by RAGNAGELPPOD View Post
    So if the dice can be manipulated then I take it that thier scramble isn't completely random? Like, maybe theres a pool of a dozen or so "random scramble" variations and if you catch on then you can choose when to stop the dice and get what you want, like that guy who won it all on that old gameshow "Press your Luck"?
    Thats a interesting question, but I do in fact believe that the scramble is complete randomness, and even if it wasn't, unless any of us have the power to slow time itself and see the numbers it makes little difference.

Honestly this just made me realize a few possibilities..and this might explain why a very high % of the time I would get the roll I anticipated, then sometimes I could press the button at the exact same time next roll and get something else, maybe pressing the button at that time triggers something that increases the chances of you getting the roll you anticipated? In retrospect, this actually seems to make the most sense out of all the speculation i've done previously about this.

That would actually serve to keep even more balance to the game, where as when a person actually caught on to this, even him/her getting the correct timing wouldn't necessarily assure that particular expected number, only increase the chances. I myself caught on to this very late in the games life cycle, and wonder, were there any other players out there besides myself who actually knew about this?

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    hmm I think i can agree with you on those points. but I was thinking more about the shuffle of your deck as for luck in teams. a well made deck makes it less likely to get a horrible shuffle i guess but it can still happen. Like if all your def cards come at once, or you lose your weapons/creatures and none come back to your hand to set. but of course in teams, you have your partner to back you up if something like that happens.

what was your favorite team deck? and who was your main partner btw, I wonder if i ever met him.

I always liked my Relmitos team deck, had it with more than 1 partner. Summit Moons, shifta. big damage.

or my team deck with Er1 that involved Legacy and Flatland, one of us would legacy to get 7pts to set say, an Epsilon, and the other sets up a flatland for them. it was great vs arkz, being next to an epsilon is not fun lol
    I think this here question deserves an entirely new thread, because I could write forever about team play in general, so i'll open a new thread and answer this.