Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default shinowa line, useless POS?

my god, if i never have another armor without a body slot it will be too soon

any CAST FF out there? are you using the new Rabol Lumirus?

It's a (nearly) useless element but the EVA and the body slot make it kick ass compared to Shinowa Line (especially for white beast s2, frikin sleeping = death)

shinowa line gets the boot, buh bye

Serafi-senba? i don't know about you but i'm thinkin 200 EVA < 300 EVA

and that really does matter for a FF

any thoughts?

Less EVA is good, less blocking during PAs and being interrupted.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Fighter, you want less EVP
    Techer/Gunner, you want more EVP

Simple as that.

Also, Shinowa Line is NOT useless. It's good gunner armor, +3 END with your base END, and +5 with Paradi, makes status effects less likely to work. (Not that you should be getting hit too much as a gunner, unless your shotgunning)
    Last edited by Kizeragi; Aug 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Rabol Lumiruss on my Acrofighter = lots of evade

I stick to very fast PAs, such as RBZ, Cross Hurricane, Bogga Robado and others. This makes evasion and just counters very helpful.

hmm i'm not following

please explain? i'm pretty sure i prefer not being hit. are you saying that taking a minor hit is preferrable to an evade stopping a PA combo?

its the major (knock down) hits that im worried about, like the dragon at white beast s2, or megid in general

the eva allows me to at least stay on my feet and start a new attack, rather than being laid out

im certainly open to new ideas, just not understanding the benifit your describing?

Taking a hit is preferable to evading and interrupting a combo, yes. Unless the hit knocks you down or flinches you.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kizeragi View Post
    Also, Shinowa Line is NOT useless. It's good gunner armor, +3 END with your base END, and +5 with Paradi, makes status effects less likely to work. (Not that you should be getting hit too much as a gunner, unless your shotgunning)
    Bingo.
    Dark Shinowa = Hive domination.

The armor's worth is with the +3 installed END.

The pupose of fighter is not to block so you can deal more damage without being interupted out of moves. Remember in a party a FF is a tank, absorb damage and get healed by the techer, unfortunatly their are to few decent techers out there and way to many crappy fighters.

Here is my take on the situation. It always apears to me that people try to show off their killing power by always pushing forward and running a head trying to kill the next mob before the rest of the party can even get up there. This is fine if you a real strong fighter, I say fighter becuase most people that play gunner do not run ahead because they play their class correctly. Anyways you always get at least one guy in the party running ahead not waiting and he/she usually sucks at this game, only has dus Majarra lvld, and goes off spawns the enemies, gets everyone surrounded and it actually takes longer to kill the enemies when they are all spread out.

Here is how my paty plays. We wait for buffs, only split up when neccessary and we all go to where the enemies spawn together, this way instead of us getting ambushed we can ambush the enemies, thus saving time and completing the mission effeciently and quickly. We all carry stars and sols, I mean why not help a buddy out. Not one random group I have joined has anyone stared or sol'd me. Come on it takes 2sec to get someone unfrozen or healed.

Its not how much damage you individually do but it is how smart you and your party deals damage that decides whether these missions are difficult or not.

I guess I should talk about the armor situation. Well now that we have a great power unit out, red knight, is important for any beast FF to start a collection of some S-Rank armors. I used to say why go s-rank, maybe just a dark shinowa for the +3 end it gives you for dark missions, I mean all we had was a cati/skill which well is nice but I prefer a power unit, which all were A-Rank at the time. Now however we have the best power unit coming out and well if you are lucky enough to even see one drop you might as well start getting geared up to equip it.

I would really save up for a Serafi-Senba, they will drop in price eventually, it is probably the best Fighter armor in the game right now. I would shy away from dark, unless you have that new Resist unit that makes you immune to megids instantly killing you. If you have one I would sell it. Someone posted a good point it would take like 100k scape dolls to make that unit worth it. Are you really going to die like 100k times from megid in the near future, or ever. I guess if you are a collector of such units but for most of use megid is a pain but if the unit is worth over a stack of money why not just sell it.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Aug 25, 2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by Kizeragi View Post
    Fighter, you want less EVP
    Techer/Gunner, you want more EVP

Simple as that.

This, though I can understand making an exception for Acrofighter here. A good AF will probably take advantage of their monster EVP and base their attack pattern on Just Counter as well as Just Attack. Even if you're only getting the first part of a combo off, if you JC frequently you'll practically spam enemies to death. It can be fun.

im not sure that fighters are necessarily "trying to show off their killing power"

i AM that guy theat runs ahead and only has dus majarra lvld, jabroga too but whos counting

i do stick around for techer buffs because they are superior to item buff

but after the enemies are dead, why does everyone stand around looking at each other?

btw, i don' t use the third move on majjra until the enemies are down to killable HP level

is there some kind of standing enimity toward fighters using majjara?