Threaded View

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Default EP3 Team Discussion

I believe that a solid deck pretty much negates anything that a bad shuffle brings to the table, a well rounded deck will be prepped for instances where that might happen, that's where some of the skill is further separated from the luck, also at the beginning of the matches you are given the opportunity to reshuffle your hand if you don't have anything you like initially and try again, chances are if your next shuffle you still don't find anything that suits you, your deck might need a little readjusting to prevent this from happening. During the actual bout it's all about your ability to manage your cards and get rid of unnecessary cards for the situation and hold onto things you think you may need soon enough. I can honestly say that in all my time playing EP3, bad deck shuffles were rarely, if ever, a real issue.

My team partner is a female, I still to this very day can't help but smile when I think of what we went through together there, and some of the obstacles we overcame, some of the best experiences I have ever had. I'd like the honor of explaining exactly how we came to cross paths. I, like many other people, was at that stage where I really needed a dedicated team partner, someone who understood the game just as I did, someone who I could go out onto the field with total confidence in and not have a second thought or a single doubt in them or their abilities. Up until that point I had teamed up with countless other players, but more often than not, the battles were as much of a hassle as they were fun, because more of the fights were dedicated to covering bad mistakes made by partner, rather than actually fighting opponents, and all of the actual planning/strategies were pretty much done by myself. And it was things like this that many others tend to overlook and/or ignore much to often.

It was though sometimes my style of gameplay was worlds away from what everyone else was doing, yet so similar at the same time, the biggest difference is the amount of attention to detail I put into every single aspect of the battle, which resulted in drastic differences when all was said and done. Even others using identical decks as mine did not perform nearly as good as I did with the exact same thing, which further strengthened my resolve to find a person who had the same passion for the game as I did. It was to the point where I realized that even the smallest thing like the order in which your (being both you and your partner) attacks are executed during the act phase could make some of the biggest impacts in the battle.

So I began to sit back and watch, watch and observe other players overall technique and battle ability to see if anything would catch my eye and one night, exactly that happened, and thus, my EP3 life changed forever. I had happened to find a team match going on in some near abandoned lobby and decided to watch it. As I observed, I began to notice that one player in particular had a furious passion towards wanting to learn the game and get better, and reminded me of my own self when I had first began the game, but at the time could best be described as reckless and unskilled. I knew that with proper guidance and training though, this person could become very powerful one day, maybe even to the point where she was my equal or even surpassed me in ability. So I waited until the opportunity came for me to enter the room and I did so, (I was clvl 999 and everyone else was around 20 or so, everyone was shocked by me entering so you could imagine the initial reactions.) I introduced myself and explained my purpose for entering the room, I then offered Nadia the opportunity to be taken under my wing and trained from there on out.

We ended up meeting the next day to begin everything and over the course several months I went over everything from basic C.A.R.D. knowledge to advanced battle strategies and deck building. Everything that I had learned and every skill that I possessed I ended up passing on to her, and I sat back and watched as a person as unpolished as she was when I first met her, evolved into one of the most fierce players I have ever laid eyes upon, and someone I am grateful to this very day I had the opportunity to meet, and someone I am proud to call my dedicated partner. From that point forward I was rarely, if ever, seen with anyone else besides me on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; Aug 27, 2008 at 09:47 AM.