Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeard View Post
    And anyone who really believes this game was all about luck and not skill needs to sit back, and stop judging books by their covers.
    I hope you don't think I believe that :P

and in random 2v2s, not everyone knew each other, so using "team" decks (same type decks) was considered unfair by many. If that match was in a tournament, then they have to reason to complain. But in general, it was courteous to ask if you could use a "team" deck because if the other players don't have a "team" deck for themselves, they are almost always at a disadvantage (if they didn't know each other or have the time to make "team" decks.)

There were some...silly, illogical, unwritten rules that came up in random 2v2 games.

As for players who gave me the most trouble...hmmm I know I won't remember them all.

KENJI (i think? jp player) and R come to mind in solo matches. I'll think of more later.

god, i wish we could play this game again -_-

EDIT:
    Remembered some more, in no particular order, here's some more good EP3ers that always gave me a run for my money
    Deadbeard, I don't specifically remember playing you too much, but I do remember when I did it was quite a challenge.
    RAGNAGELPPOD, always fun fighting those Belras of yours heheh
    Er1
    Kappa
    Vinny
    Static
    Link (RAmar and HUmar)
    titi....something or other. French God i think?
    Dias
    Cranberry
    Nadia

and I might remember more later

post who you had trouble with too Deadbeard, maybe I'll remember them if I see their name
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM.

mmm I gota find my memory card. I bet I could list a few familiar names.

Alright... I see some veterans from PSO 3. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Heh, Deadbeard, haven't talked to you in forever. (Maybe, we can get the old pso ep3 crew back) VR, I see you too. Now I have the urge to boot up that old GC again and take out Baten Kaitos Origins.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    I hope you don't think I believe that :P

and in random 2v2s, not everyone knew each other, so using "team" decks (same type decks) was considered unfair by many. If that match was in a tournament, then they have to reason to complain. But in general, it was courteous to ask if you could use a "team" deck because if the other players don't have a "team" deck for themselves, they are almost always at a disadvantage (if they didn't know each other or have the time to make "team" decks.)

There were some...silly, illogical, unwritten rules that came up in random 2v2 games.

As for players who gave me the most trouble...hmmm I know I won't remember them all.

KENJI (i think? jp player) and R come to mind in solo matches. I'll think of more later.

god, i wish we could play this game again -_-

EDIT:
    Remembered some more, in no particular order, here's some more good EP3ers that always gave me a run for my money
    Deadbeard, I don't specifically remember playing you too much, but I do remember when I did it was quite a challenge.
    RAGNAGELPPOD, always fun fighting those Belras of yours heheh
    Er1
    Kappa
    Vinny
    Static
    Link (RAmar and HUmar)
    titi....something or other. French God i think?
    Dias
    Cranberry
    Nadia

and I might remember more later

post who you had trouble with too Deadbeard, maybe I'll remember them if I see their name
    Just about everything I just read in that first paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all, and to me, looks like one big excuse for people to use after they lose a match. Looking at your logic there, im gathering that you believe people need to know eachother in order to use a "team deck", and worst even, ASK the person to use the deck? Please don't make me laugh, half of the fun of going into battle is not knowing what your opponent was going to use, and what other purpose does telling a person you're about to use a "team deck" serve besides giving them a chance to use a deck designed to counter whatever you're about to use? I've played with the best of em of and you better believe we never asked each other which decks we were going to use before hand, we just go at it. And, I'm saying this because I've played against many of these deck types and almost always won, and I never really used team decks, and was never at an disadvantage.

Whenever I think of teams that gave me the most trouble whevener I played them, Joanna and Maddox always comes to mind, they were good together. Also Devil had a partner whose name I can't remember now, but they were very good together. R always comes to mind, Forever Zero and Aaron were both good ones also. Kenji, and theres many others, but I can't remember them right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozama View Post
    Alright... I see some veterans from PSO 3. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Heh, Deadbeard, haven't talked to you in forever. (Maybe, we can get the old pso ep3 crew back) VR, I see you too. Now I have the urge to boot up that old GC again and take out Baten Kaitos Origins.
    Hmm..forgive me, I have played in so many matches with so many players it's hard for me to remember everyone, but your name certainly does look familiar enough. I'm sure if you were a regular though you had to cross paths with me at least a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeard View Post
    Just about everything I just read in that first paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all, and to me, looks like one big excuse for people to use after they lose a match. Looking at your logic there, im gathering that you believe people need to know eachother in order to use a "team deck", and worst even, ASK the person to use the deck? Please don't make me laugh, half of the fun of going into battle is not knowing what your opponent was going to use, and what other purpose does telling a person you're about to use a "team deck" serve besides giving them a chance to use a deck designed to counter whatever you're about to use? I've played with the best of em of and you better believe we never asked each other which decks we were going to use before hand, we just go at it. And, I'm saying this because I've played against many of these deck types and almost always won, and I never really used team decks, and was never at an disadvantage.
    First of all:

I did NOT say I supported/created/agreed with these "rules." It's not MY logic.

We're getting confused over what people define a team deck is again. I mean people have to at least talk to eachother before hand to make a coordinated deck together (ex. St rappy + hildeblue deck, team mc spam...etc) unless they both happened to have those decks already.

And when i said they ask if its alright to use a team deck, They DON'T ask "What deck are you using?" they ask, "Are you going to use a team deck?"

I was in 2v2s all the time like that where we didn't even have to ask too -.- I was simply explaining why someone called you cheap for using a team deck. The people in question (those that would complain cause you used a team deck on them) have an entirely different outlook on the game (again, me NOT being one of them).

Please don't be confused and think of me as some noob :/

oh and Hi Cozama good to see you again
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 31, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    First of all:

I did NOT say I supported/created/agreed with these "rules." It's not MY logic.

We're getting confused over what people define a team deck is again. I mean people have to at least talk to eachother before hand to make a coordinated deck together (ex. St rappy + hildeblue deck, team mc spam...etc) unless they both happened to have those decks already.

And when i said they ask if its alright to use a team deck, They DON'T ask "What deck are you using?" they ask, "Are you going to use a team deck?"

I was in 2v2s all the time like that where we didn't even have to ask too -.- I was simply explaining why someone called you cheap for using a team deck. The people in question (those that would complain cause you used a team deck on them) have an entirely different outlook on the game (again, me NOT being one of them).

Please don't be confused and think of me as some noob :/

oh and Hi Cozama good to see you again
    Alright, well if you didn't support that ridiculous logic it wouldn't have hurt you to type that somewhere in your statement would it? It is what it is though, and if what I said doesn't apply to you then there's so need to comment on it. And no one is confused as what a team deck is, nothing is hard to comprehend about two decks working in junction with one another. And lol, someone asking you "are you going to use a team deck does exactly what I said...gives your opponents a chance to use a certain deck against you, that they probably wouldn't have used had they not asked that, if anyone ever asked me that question and actually expected an answer would never have seen me in another match. And for the record, the people who called me cheap were just poor sports because they lost so badly, the decks we used were nowhere near a team deck, we both just used the same SC and creature cards, none of which benefitted from eachother.

yeah

on another note...who was everyone's favorite hero SC to use? I had the most fun with Relmitos.

EDIT:

oh yeah, anyone remember Necromancer? he was a good player too
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Aug 31, 2008 at 01:42 PM.

I would have to go with Inolis for favorite hunter, and Break for my favorite ark. I was always more of a tech oriented player.

Orland because it dosent get much better than a guy with a sword fetish.

Stella would be my second choice. Pallete swap lura? I say NYAH!
    (nyah is good, right?)