Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Default Possible Guitar Hero Movie.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/ra...ar-hero-movie/

Seriously? I don't think this would work out, why are people turning every franchise known into a movie? Why can't people just leave the source material alone, is that too much to ask for? I mean seriously, the Dragonball movie coming out looks like it's going to bomb before it even comes out and people want to turn the almost perfect anime Cowboy Bebop into a movie (and sully it's good name in process.)

Why, it's enough to make a grown man BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    Last edited by Shadowpawn; Aug 29, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Guitar Hero was good at first, but now the whole series is just becoming one big sell-out anyway, this is just the next step in the process.

I'm confused on how to make a movie of this anyway. Its just too big and general...it'd be like making a SimCity movie or something...

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Immeasurable failure.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Immeasurable failure.
    I'm with this.

Guitar Hero movie = lolwut.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

They're turning too many games into movies lately.
    Not only that, but this game doesn't even have a story! D:
    What can they possibly do!?!? Film a guy beating his friends at 'Through the Fire and Flames'?

If this happens, I'm personally going to kill the directer.... It's worth the jail time...

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Guitar Hero was good at first, but now the whole series is just becoming one big sell-out anyway, this is just the next step in the process.

I'm confused on how to make a movie of this anyway. Its just too big and general...it'd be like making a SimCity movie or something...
    Well, they are making a Guitar Hero game about Metallica, which is the one band that deserves to be put in the very definition of selling out.

Guys, guys, guys...

Rattner is just running his mouth off. Just because a director says something doesn't mean it's going to happen. In the past, there have been Pac-Man movies in production that never ended up happening, so it's not like this Guitar Hero movie is suddenly set in stone just because he gave a half-assed idea for one.

Then again, Activision actually paid Rattner to come up with a name as obvious as Guitar Hero: World Tour, so uh... maybe we are screwed.

Ouch.

Here's hoping this never happens

Guitar Hero as a game is decent (and has received its fair share of artful cursing too- looking at you, Raining Blood ) But a a movie? I mean, if this did ever happen, what could you drone on for 2 hours about with Guitar Hero as the subject?

Unless it's a whole movie about someone trying to pass Through the Fire and Flames- 1hr 50 minutes of failing the intro

Edit: GH: Metallica sounds a bad idea to me- one-band GH games are too restrictive. Although, I am still interested in seeing what Death Magnetic turns out to be like...

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)