Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default She's pregnant, so wat

Bristol Palin, 17, is pregnant, and this makes her mom a hypocrite and a bad possible vice president. Tell me you don't think she has enough experience, tell me her views are screwed up, or tell me that you dislike her personality; but don't tell me her daughter is pregnant. Seventeen is not young. How many of you out there that are old enough were having sex at seventeen? Smoking pot? Missing curfew? And do you blame your mom for those decisions? I'm sure this girl didn't intend to become pregnant, and I'm also sure her mom didn't go in and sabotage the condom or even tell her daughter that sex was okay and not to listen to her abstinence lectures. For the record, I'm a registered Independent and have no candidate yet, but I'm fed up with the media talking about Bristol Palin and people that are buying into it.
    Last edited by Kylie; Sep 3, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

The issue of her being pregnant and the circumstances revolving around such is irrelevant, the issue simply has absolutely no holds on politics whatsoever and I'm sick of seeing it on my news channels. I mean, if this is important, why don't we talk about how I walked down the street the other day?

She got pregnant at 17, sucks to be her. She'll get a lovely little welcome into the real world that she thought she was so prepared for. I could care less. I want to hear about actual relevant news stories on TV, not some idiot with no sense of responsibility.

That's politics in America for you. If you're running for office, expect the other side to dig up as much dirt as they can. Dirt about you, dirt about people you know, even dirt about people you used to know. It doesn't matter, they'll do whatever they can to win, even if that means focusing on irrelevant stuff that shouldn't matter. Both sides do it because they know it works. And they'll keep bringing it up again and again to reinforce those negative images. Campaigning is 90% negative (at least that's what it feels like). Instead of "this is why our candidate is good," all you hear is "Obama is a secret Muslim," "Palin's daughter is pregnant," stuff which is either 1) a complete lie or 2) shouldn't be part of the discussion in the first place.

*sighs* This is one reason I don't like politics...

I think the real issue here is; who in their right mind actually gives a fuck about such things? People out there pathetically picky enough to swing their fucking vote because Palin's daughter got pregnant at 17? Who'd even give a fuck if Palin got pregnant at 17?

The fact that these things are being 'brought to light' and made issues out of is funny, because this is the true america we live in; where teenagers have sex, drink underage and don't abide by the laws. It doesn't matter if your parents are in the judicial system, governors/senators or just a regular factory worker; kids and teenagers(and every adult) break laws all the time.

To think that this kind of trash is news worthy; sort of makes you wonder how out of touch some people really are.

Atleast Obama swept it away and said basically "This isn't what politics is about, personal lives are just that." and went on to say about his own mother getting pregnant before she was 18.

The news is trivial anymore, I only catch highlights of major events in the world for this very reason; news channels try too hard to turn their 'networks' into a daily tabloid. People who think they're offering groundbreaking news, most likely the same people who did the middle school news articles "Students argue sloppy joes don't have enough meat." and "Danger in our halls; dropped pencils cause student to trip and hurt self."
    Look, he did it again.

People will pick at anything to make something look better, and it isn't funny. Like the issue of Cheyney's daughter being a lesbian. Honestly, who gives a fuck? This just turned into a lame reality TV series.

That's why I just watch the Daily Show.

This is why I read The Onion. It's actually *less* silly than the daily news.

This is why I don't watch TV!
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I think the media jumped on it because Palin believes in abstinence, and if she failed to instill that within her daughter's mind, she may fail in other aspects of leadership rolls (being VP).

But I couldn't care less about it, and I'm not American, so feel free to ignore me.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Obviously, the fact that the daughter of some person of which I have never heard being a degenerate has all bearing on my political stance, being that it is completely and unmistakably relevant.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The Orginal Cast Supremist leblancdiaz's Avatar

I would say something to add to this but I am not going to start drama..