Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

If I read right, they might be turning the LHC on, but the first REAL collision won't be going down for another few years (2012?).
    What they're going to be doing is calibrating the equipment, making sure everything runs right, doing some small tests, yadda yaddda yadda.
    So we still got a few more years to go until a Resonance Cascade.

Hopefully we won't die. :]

Argh this better work.

Squidsquatch

Quote Originally Posted by Sord View Post

To those that are still freaking out over this: Shut up, sit down, and ride the ride. There is NOTHING you can do to stop this thing, short of strapping a bomb on yourself and skydiving into the place and setting yourself off before impact (ok, bit extreme, but you get my point.)
    Not extreme enough... it's 300 feet underground. Have to tunnel straight down from the exact opposite point on the planet or something. They thought of everything! Conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose View Post
    Not extreme enough... it's 300 feet underground. Have to tunnel straight down from the exact opposite point on the planet or something. They thought of everything! Conspiracy!
    good point, I had completely forgotten about that bit

Quick, someone grab the Virgil and some terranauts, we'll have to go on a deep earth mission and nuke the place.

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/04...roy-the-earth/

If what happens here happens we would have to deal with strange matter. :|

Meh, over hyped like 2012 ;o

Strange matter still remains a theory and is still heavily argued to be incorrect.

As for the micro black holes, they evaporate at a septillionth of a second (which is 10^-24 seconds... lol) and instantly turn into particles. I've already got people thinking that like as soon as they turn it on a humongous black hole is going to radiate from the LHC and consume the world within minutes... yeah, no. >_>

A lot of things would have to play into the micro black holes. Things such as Hawking Radiation, quantum gravity, strangelets, etc. Pretty much all the fears of people just hearing the word "black hole" and panicking for no reason >_>

Supplementary read: Hawking Radiation

I dont believe in the Big Bang Theory because it's a made up theory and majority of Science is made up bullshit.

When doing a Google search on large hadron collider, it looks like tons and tons of money has already been spent on this stuff and highly doubt it's just going to disappear and this project will just stop.

According to the Bible, GOD created earth so this project will fail.............hahahah
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Sep 8, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Indica View Post
    majority of Science is made up bullshit.

With massive amounts of evidence to support it...

As for God? I don't know, could be. I wouldn't discount anything. It is very rude to laugh at someones beliefs. I don't personally believe it, but I don't doubt it could be possible. The world is full of mystery.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

Quote Originally Posted by Indica View Post
    LOL your such a hypocrite. Funny, I was just watching a documentary on TV about Pony Play and S&M.

Your such a liar if you saw this and didn't laugh

Getting off on weird stuff and religion are two different things. They aren't beliefs. You know damn well I don't mean every single belief by humanity.

I see people all the time just dismiss religion, science, etc. I'm not saying I believe in God the way some people do, but I won't laugh at them. Well, the majority of them, within reason.

Being rudely dismissive tells me that you have an answer or that you can disprove that "GOD created earth". Can you?
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous55 View Post
    Getting off on weird stuff and religion are two different things. They aren't beliefs. You know damn well I don't mean every single belief by humanity.

I see people all the time just dismiss religion, science, etc. I'm not saying I believe in God the way some people do, but I won't laugh at them. Well, the majority of them, within reason.

Being rudely dismissive tells me that you have an answer or that you can disprove that "GOD created earth". Can you?

Im just going by your quote. Religion is a bunch of weird stuff that people get off on. There is no difference at all. Every individual has various aspects of spiritual feelings and beliefs.

There is no proof that GOD exists other then a bunch of books written by humans.