Default A Question about packs.

Hello.

I have been playing episode 3 off and on for years now, and after every game I have remained faithful to the trusty blue pack.

But for the past few years pickings have become incredibly slim. after years of playing, I am still lacking many of the cards I want. I'm getting new cards less and less, which at first I just dismissed as the probability going down, but I'm still missing cards with rarity as low as R4, and now even changes sometimes fail to yield new cards. a LOOOONG time ago my friends suggested that the different packs had different cards. since there was nothing in the manual or the game to suggest this, and since they pulled a lot of the same cards I did even though they each picked a different pack (I threatened violence against anyone who picked my blue pack: only I can pick the blue pack) I dismissed it. but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I scoured the internet but thus far have seen nothing to confirm or deny anything. so I thought I'd seek out a fan forum, as surely there must be one for PSO, and ask there.

Do the different packs have different cards, or at least different probabilities, or are they just different sets of cards put together with the same probability of any card of a given rarity to appear the same in each pack? Is it possible to get all, save the event cards, only picking one pack? or will I have to do the unthinkable and turn my back on my trusty blue pack if I want to get new cards?

Thanks in advance to all who respond!

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

The different colors of the packs indicates what type of card you will mostly get. If I remember correctly, Blue is primarily Creature cards, Red is primarily items, Green is primarily Action cards, and Black is primarily assist. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

You could technically get every card from the same pack, it would just take longer than if you chose specifically the type you were looking for.

And there are a couple online only cards, as well as cards with low rarities that are in fact really rare.

A higher Clv will increase your chances of getting rarer cards too.
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Sep 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks!

due to my fanatical loyalty to the Arkz, I guess I should stick with my trusty blue pack until kingdom come ^_^

...although I get a bad feeling that the blue pack might actually be items.

I'm looking mostly for native and altered beast creatures.

Although I have to ask: is there no way to get online only cards now that the official server is down? or could I still get them on unofficial servers?

I'm also tempted to ask what the online only cards are, but I'm afraid once I know I'll get the "spoiler feeling".

Well I'm not the person to ask what all the online only cards are, I've forgotten XD

I think Recobox was one. Really can't remember them all though. And honestly I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get those cards at the place-we-shall-not-speak-of, but I can't say for sure. Just be wary, your decks probably won't work correctly >_>

Why? do the servers do their own "balancing", or is hacking an issue?

I saw the official balance changes and none of them really effected my decks much.

PM me about it, mods don't like us discussing that place here. sorry >_<

edit: sent you a PM
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Sep 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Dose anyone know how many of the cards are online only? (I have over 300 of the 477)

I know there are at least three offline cards I have yet to get, but I'm beginning to wonder if the real problem is all the cards left are online only!

P.S.: I'm not asking for a list at this point, just a number.

I would say that only some E rank cards are online only, if I didn't have faint memories of Ryna punching me for saying that, a long time ago. I would have to do some serious digging through this forum to retrieve that post, though. But I personally found some often considered online only cards, offline.
    Recobox may indeed be online only, but it could be that it's just much more common online. However, with 300/477 you can still find many cards offline. Just keep playing, and you'll find something new eventually.

It's just frustraiting going over ten games and not getting a single new card... but I guess with only about 140 cards to go the odds aren't in my favor, but still, you'd think with 140 cards I could get at least a new one each level! unless all the remaining cards are SS rank or something...

Quote Originally Posted by T0m View Post
    I would say that only some E rank cards are online only, if I didn't have faint memories of Ryna punching me for saying that, a long time ago. I would have to do some serious digging through this forum to retrieve that post, though. But I personally found some often considered online only cards, offline.
    Recobox may indeed be online only, but it could be that it's just much more common online. However, with 300/477 you can still find many cards offline. Just keep playing, and you'll find something new eventually.
    That is true, there were online only E cards. but just pointing out they aren't included in the cards gained %, when you get an E card it's kind of like they don't count as real cards.