Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Because when making a stylistic choice regarding a game, you take into account its target audience.

"Cartoony" things are more kid-friendly than "realistic" things are, especially when it comes to sales.

Likewise, you don't see many gritty, realistic games meant for kids, and not a whole lot of "cartoony" things made for adult audiences (things like No More Heroes being an obvious exception).
    Well, there are lots of seinen anime (anime for teenagers, mostly 15 and above) that use even more cartoonish/chibi-like art styles. And they aren't meant for children.
    Last edited by Aumi; Sep 15, 2008 at 08:33 AM.

just because something is kid friendly dose not nessicarly mean it's for kids only. it just widens the range of potential buyers.

You can also take a look at games like Konker and Leisure Suit Larry, which are highly inappropriate for children while sporting carttonish graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by JericHikari View Post
    Ehhh call me a sucker for having a little faith there'll at least be SOME sort of tie-in at least. Aw who'm I kidding? Its Phantasy Star, and its on the DS. I'm going to want to get my grubby mitts on it .

Though it wouldn't kill Sonic Team/Sega for a little continuity here! After all, if you're going to call it PSZero, its got to be a prequel to SOMETHING. Right?
    If you had played Phantasy Star II you wouldn't say that...

ALL newman/numan and CAST/androids in the classic series where originally from Earth

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Well, numans were kinda created by the earthmen through mother brain. But they didn't actually originate from earth, IIRC... I'm not too sure about androids, but weren't they also created by people from Algol?

Other than that, now that I think about it, it's funny how I saw the thing about PS0 playing on earth before EspioKaos translated it, because of Google translate, but I just thought it was a mistake, lol.

The-Magicbox.com reports that Voice Chat will be available... Any confirmation on this?

Incorrect as Nei/Neifirst was only a year old by the time of the game's events and was created on motavia which causes the whole idea that they were created on earth to be a bit bunk. There IS however the idea that this could be a continuation of one of PS3's endings where you find a planet that looks suspiciously like earth (with a single large moon even) since there were numen on the ailes III (if I remember right).

Yes, yes i have played that long, plus I'd gone over all this speculation way back when PSO was still being kicked about and people were trying to form connections between it and the other PS games).

Sadly I can't confirm nor deny, except if that's the case that'd be pretty awesome.

There will be fan service, but I doubt there will be a connection.
    I interpret the '0' that way that is is meant to tell us that they technic-wise start the series from the beginning, from zero.
    ('Zero' being PSO here.)
    Not that it plays before PSI.

well i was gunna buy a PSP just for Phantasy Star Portable... but now that this has been announced bump that! ill just stick with the DS version ^_^. something tells me it may be better anyway.

yes im still upset at SToA for the crap they are dishing us on PSU... and i am tired of not having end game fun time, but with the DS i can play while whatching tv or on the bus ----------- so +12

So I was right about the character designer...