Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This was during my sophomore year. I woke up to get ready to go to school, and went to my parents room to find my dad watching the TV. When I turn to see the TV, I see one of the twin towers on fire. I go to take my shower and return to find the second one is also on fire. The first collapse happened when I was on my way to school, it was a 45 minute trip. For the first half of the day, in every class, the TV was turned on and we just spent the day watching the news on different channels in each classroom to watch the coverage of the attack. It wasn't till Spanish class, which was my third period of the day that I got to see a replay of both towers collapsing.

Can't say I was tense or worried at the time, though I figured that we would be going to war soon. The next few days were spent in certain classes with the TV on, took a whole week for things to return to normal around the school. Kinda sucks...the first time I passed by New York I saw the Trade Center in the distance. I was looking forward to seeing the towers on my next visit to NY...but that obviously ain't gonna happen.

Took me awhile to grip the fact the whole incident had 3000 civilian fatalities. I never would've thought so many lives would be lost at the time. Took me awhile to realize the actual seriousness of the entire incident, but I blame that on having a huge test that week in Spanish that was inevietable.
    Last edited by White Midnight; Sep 11, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
    Ship 2. Asra Licene - Braver. Yukiko - Bouncer
    I actually like Bouncer, you be quiet.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I think I was in third grade if I remember correctly. I woke up and my grandma was watching the news. I saw a replay of the planes crashing and of the towers on fire.

It didn't really make sense to me, being a kid at that time. But about a week later, I was pretty aware of what happened. It's still very confusing to me even now.

This day evokes a lot of less-than-pleasant memories. In NYC, I, fortunately, do not know anyone who died in the towers, but a part of me died when I saw the towers collapsed. A strange emptiness like the loss of something - more like 'someone'. I bet many felt like that too.

I always wanted to go up there one day, but I guess I'd have to save that trip for the new towers - when they ever decide to start building them. ;]

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I just saw a documentary/tribute on 9/11. I only watched about 15 minutes before I got worked up enough that watching something else was a better idea. I can't believe that some people are so wrapped up in their world of beliefs that they have to kill anyone that doesn't follow the leader.

Squidsquatch

For some reason, today I thought about that day in terms of time-rate of change... how many things were completely different after that one split-second of impact, the tsunami of realization that spread from it, that not only will our lives all be directly changed by what we're seeing, but also that the people there are being affected a hundred- or thousand-fold. Like the entire nation was struck by lightning, we're still collectively reeling from the shock.

I'm sure the result far surpassed the intention, but it's amazing sometimes how so few can affect so many.

i heard my dad telling my mom the other day that 9/11 was the anniversary of something for the terrorist or something like that he found out recently...

anyways yea i remember i was at my grandparents house, it seemed like the whole family was there and we got a phone call form my aunt telling us to turn on the TV to the news...
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

One of my Dad friend's wife died on 9/11. She was one of the victims in the bombing. What's sad is the guy just had his retirement party. So imagine the depression that probably went though him on that day, realizing he has no wife by him to celebrate.

-RIP to all the victims of 9-11-01
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

I was in sixth grade, attending a school I was at for no more than a few months (inner-city magnet school, god is sucked,) which is why I can remember the time frame fairly well, and not the event itself. I actually frequently forget the year it occurred. We pretty much spent the rest of the day watching events unfold on the TV. I remember one of my teachers sitting their crying as she watched.

I, personally, was not shocked, mortified, or surprised. I wasn't even concerned with what was happening. I actually wanted the TV off so I could focus on my work. My empathy levels were drastically low, though I've gained some as I got older. Still, even now, I find it hard to imagine the death of 3000. I find it hard to get mad at anyone over the tower incident. Whether it be humanity, government, or terrorists. It just doesn't seem to bother me, I wasn't there, knew no one that was. It had pretty much no noticeable (to my sixth grade self) effect on my life at the time. To me it does not feel like yesterday, it feels like ages ago, and that whatever caused it should have been fixed by now. The way I saw it, thousands of people die all around the world everyday. I don't give a crap what country they're in. They're just as much human as any one else. If I'm not going to care about them, why should I feel guilty about not caring for the ones in New York. They died, it was tragedy. Destroy or fix what was caused it so it doesn't happen again and move on.