Default Graphical Glitch?

New user looking for some help on making my PSU experience the best looking it can potentially be!

So, I have a fairly new computer, custom made by a friend that is made essentially to be a gaming computer. Low and behold, it is; it runs PSU on max settings/resolution [well, I have it max widescreen resolution], frameskip 0 while other programs are running in the background. It makes me happy enough.

The first time I loaded PSU to test out how it could run, it was all fine and good. Every other time, although it has not slown down, I've been getting a lot of... black borders?

I don't know how to explain it, but a lot of thigns turn out like this. Fonts have strange black borders, changing areas doesn't fade out, it turns straight to black early, the mission select screen has a large black bar scrolling through instead of the normal distortion effect that is supposed to scroll.

It definately doesn't make the game unplayable, but if I could get it fixed, I'd be a very happy camper

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

First off, welcome to Pso-world!

In regards to that problem, I think I know more or less what it is. Depending on your graphics card, you might want to open up the configuration utility that's usually included.

Try to modify these options:

On my Nvidia card:

Antialiasing - transparency - (I had to change this to multisampling for my laptop)

Antialiasing mode - application controlled

Conformant texture clamp - Use hardware

I'm not 100% sure, but give those a try.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Sep 22, 2008 at 05:31 PM.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Thanks for the quick advice/reply! When I get back from my class I'll test it out and get back to see if it fixed anything