Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO TRIAL EDITION(DC)(NEW 10/11/08)???

I have seen this listed on a few sites,saying it was for japan only back just before PSO got started on the DC,but theres no real info i can find on what you could do with this demo,so does anyone kwow what it allowed you to do,in termes of game play,also was it only offline or online?
    Last edited by Saligun; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:22 AM.

Before PSO ver.1 there were alot of beta game disks and a trial disk, i beleive it was a functional pso but was only to experience online gameplay like chating or playing together.

Ask sega or try segakatana website, maybe someone has one of those disks to sell.

I just found one on EBay for 20.00 and i still have a DC(1 US&1 JP model)but weather i can use this disc is yet to be seen,but even if i can't it will still be a nice collectable and at only 20.00 not to bad a deal.

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

Lucky. Wonder if those files are on there...
    =~.^=

What Files???

Note it shows in the ebay pic it says that all contents are included.

Gamejam files mostly. Bumpmaped Dragon ftw, and my only example of Dreamcast bumpmaps.
    =~.^=

Can anyone tell me whats on this disc and what where the options and limits like and was it truly limited to just being able to use this disc on a online server,i mean PSO(DC)was both a online and offline game so how is it this is only a online demo disc?

One more thing by chance did forest 1 have enemies that you normally won't see there?
    Hildabear
    Grass assasain
    Gul Shark
    Just to name a few

I remember a you tube video showing non forest 1 enemies in forest 1.
    Last edited by Saligun; Sep 29, 2008 at 06:32 PM.

Yes there were in beta pics as well.
    =~.^=

that was a beta disk yes, chars couldn't run, chat ballons looked crappy, you couldn't combo.....
    That was a beta disk mainly to show the online ability of the game, that's what they wanted focused before the lauch of the game, online feature was a powerfull weapon, after that they improved the aspects of the game.

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE(NETWORK TRIAL EDITION)(DC)...I have been searhing the web to find out more about what it was like to play this thing,but i guess because it was limited to japan and all the way back in 2000 that very few people here every got to play it.But if by chance someone here happens to know of some site to have info or pics or something on it could you maybe provide a link to it here.

BTW..I was luckly enough to get a really nice copy of this trial edition on ebay recently and would like to know what was on it ,that you could do...