Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

does this mean that u dont link photon arts, and that for guns and sabers, they have their own abilities? didnt PSO have something like that?

some weapons had abilities? maybe its like that and they're just doing it to all weapons and calling them photon arts now
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Oh, and did anyone else notice that telepipes are back? (Check the action palette in the upper right corner of the first page of the new article.)
    Oh, sweet!

It's also looks like you can see all of your teammates HP Bar at the lower screen.

I think that's cool.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

I wish I knew, but the article isn't too clear on that. It implies that photon arts are for striking and ranged weapons only while techniques are completely separate; both of these are classified as "charge attacks." And since the normal and heavy attacks don't seem to use PP (no mention is made of PP consumption, at least), I'm thinking that you'll have to add a special attack icon (maybe like PSO's special attack) to your palette to use a weapon's charge attack, which would deplete your PP. Hopefully this will be cleared up in one of SonicTeam's site updates.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that telepipes are back? (Check the action palette in the upper right corner of the first page of the new article.)
    Wait, so PSO-like heavy attacks are in? they aren't replaced with PAs like in PSU? Or do we still not know how it works at all

and Yay for telepipes.

So this time newmans are damn near literally magical space elves.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I wish I knew, but the article isn't too clear on that. It implies that photon arts are for striking and ranged weapons only while techniques are completely separate; both of these are classified as "charge attacks." And since the normal and heavy attacks don't seem to use PP (no mention is made of PP consumption, at least), I'm thinking that you'll have to add a special attack icon (maybe like PSO's special attack) to your palette to use a weapon's charge attack, which would deplete your PP. Hopefully this will be cleared up in one of SonicTeam's site updates.

I pray your theory is correct EspioKaos, I would be ecstatic if we got normal, heavy, and Photon Art Attacks. It makes some sense too, we still dont know what the X button deos (it hasnt been seen in any screenies) or if we get a double sided palette (hold down on R, 3 more action palette slots deal.)

The only other possibility I see is that maybe charge attacks have to actually be charged? This sort of makes sense with the resta/alresta deal, tap the button to heal yourself, hold down to charge and then heal the party. Of course, that could be completely wrong especially if the translation doesnt match up, Im jsut throwin ideas out there after all.

Oh so technics are seperate from the 'charge' type attacks of range and melee, then hopefully that means we can find tech discs again??? : D
    I really would rather not level line techs again kthx.
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    Wait, so PSO-like heavy attacks are in?
    Yeah. All it says about them is that they will allow you to inflict lots of damage, but they aren't as accurate as normal attacks. Just like PSO, if I recall correctly.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Oh sweet, thanks. So then we have normal attacks, heavy attacks, AND PAs? good deal

That IS a good deal!