Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hype meter just went up.
    Before I was only mildly interested in this game. But with the new trailer and watching the action sequences, I just went from mild interest to excitement.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

O Mai..

The really cutesy look is going to put a lot of people off, but this will definitely appeal to a great range of people. Games with looks like these tend to do very well in Japan.

I will say that the battle system is looking like the best one in the Phantasy Star franchise, hands down. It's really fluid and it looks like the user has a great deal of input in the system. It reminds me of Tales of the Abyss. Just looks so fun

Nice to see a little more on the game to speculate on rather than just magazine scans.

NUuuuuuuuuuu DS's choppy graphics, huuuuuurrrrrrr. (I was not impressed with Disgaea for the DS, althought the PSP was excellent.)

Maybe this game will target a younger audiance as originally intended, but for me it's just not my cup of tea. I only enjoy one game for my DS and that's pokemon, every other game i bought such as Shonen Jump Super Stars or Harvest Moon Rune Factory, bllleeeh.

Dodge roll anyone? It seems like the game is going to play like PSU. Seeing as how there are what look to be photon arts. Looks like a floating tornado break.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Thats what i was thinking

huray a vid i can watch at work , il get it if it comes out over here

I, for one, definitely saw the cutesy stuff coming. I do think this might have a little lesser appeal in the west, but be par for the count in the East. It won't stop me from playing at all, but I do absolutely prefer my Phantasy Star characters to be obvious adult or (treading the adult) age. Still, I'm already playing PSP, and that was a great way to create a good version of PSU that's immortalized (servers or not).

The differences will be what would keep me playing Zero. However, this time, I'm not sure I'll actually jump in and play it right when it releases. Part of it is because I have plenty of Phantasy Star, and other things, to tie me over until I decide to get it.

It is kinda cutesy, but it actually looks pretty snazzy in motion. It's nowhere near as "cute" as say, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. I'm impressed that it looks so fluid.

Character customization looks more like PSO than PSU, which is kind of understandable, given the hardware. The battle system looks a little more like PSU's, though. For example, we see the HUmar swinging a Sword in the classic, PSO/PSU fashion, but we also see him bouncing and spinning around with the same weapon, which makes it looks like a Photon Art/Skill system will be in place. I'd really like to see the Techniques/Technics/Magic system. A lot of DS games like this have magic that looks like butt.

I was reserving judgement on this game until I saw it in action. Now, colour me intrigued.