Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

I coulda sworn I heard "Mission Carnival two weeks after Neudaiz GBR" :\

EDIT: Adults complain when the money they spend on updates is continuously taken on a timely schedule, whilest the updates that money is being spent on seem to be 9 monthes off schedule.
    Last edited by Phoenix_Black; Oct 8, 2008 at 05:29 AM.

Hey! There went my post! I guess people who prove points here aren't allowed to!

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    FUCK YEAH! I GET TO SIT IN MY PRETTY NEUDAIZ ROOM FOR A DAY AND A HALF AND THEN HAVE IT ALL TAKEN AWAY
    Oh, please. It'll still be there when you get back.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    there is MANY MANY MAAAANNNY obvious reasons not to get what the JP have right now.

questions i cant answer right now cuz i g2g!
    The Parum S2 have to wait for GBR (not really, but that's the reason). The GBR has to wait for the Event missions to finish.

The reason for this is that the events are used to release the new weapons and items that will be obtained in the newer missions. If you release the missions first, then the events loose their meaning. For example, the upcoming mission carnival. The only reason people are going to do this one is because of the boss box drops. If the bosses were sub 150, no one would want to play the carnival because "nothing good drops there". Bitch whine moan... sort of like what's happening right now.

So they are a bit handcuffed in that aspect. They have to do the events or people will bitch about not getting the events. Also there are event only items that are needed to get later items. If the events are skipped, the event only items will need to be distributed in a different manner. People will the new manner of distribution is unfair and will bitch about how either, A) everyone got the item, or B) Only people who meet certain requirements which aren't fair got the event only items.

So we have established that events are required to introduce new items and event only items in order to keep people from bitching. Well GBR doesn't have event only items so why not release GBR and the new S2 at the same time as an event to get us back on schedule? Well, it's pretty obvious that you can't have, say Shred the Darkness and Mission Carnival at the same time, but releasing Shred the Darkness and GBR at the same time would be just as bad.

The GBR with it's increased drop rate gets new items out into the economy quickly. This regulates prices and keeps inflation down. If you release an event with GBR, then GBR will lose out. New items will not make it out in any sort of quantity to meet demand and the result is majorly over inflated prices. (see Tear of Light, Gourmet Cake, and Inverter Circuit for example) Sure overtime the market will get the items and the prices will drop, but this will be long after people get "bored" with the missions and the price will not reach any reasonable level (see Degahna Cannon and Needle Cannon).

In other words, releasing everything at once would not be reasonable. Now releasing things at an accelerated rate would be nice, but releasing everything at once would be stupid and would end up killing more people's enjoyment of the game.

A mitigation would be to skip the GBR aspect and just have an increased drop rate on new missions regardless of how times you run it for a month. In that way you can have the event and a pseudo GBR at the same time. Sure the saturation of items won't be as large as a proper GBR, but it would be enough to prevent crazy inflation.

I'm not going to get involved with the whole update schedule debate and what not.
    I just want to say that the GH-490 looks more like an antlerless Moose to me than a Hippo and yet from the screen it looks like it barks. I have to get one for myself.

With updates like this, no wonder Japan is so ahead.

ANYWAY. The pm looks cute! I still want to keep my ghey one though.

Neudaiz transfer? *gathers decos and sells them for high price* >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Black View Post
    I coulda sworn I heard "Mission Carnival two weeks after Neudaiz GBR" :\

EDIT: Adults complain when the money they spend on updates is continuously taken on a timely schedule, whilest the updates that money is being spent on seem to be 9 monthes off schedule.
    I agree wholeheartedly, however the money you pay each month is for online services, not necessarily updated content.

That PM reminds me of Frippos from Secret of Evermore....

Guess I'll throw Artea in Neudaiz.