Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Default References in PSU, did anyone else notice?

I know people probably did and I might be a little slow to catch onto this little nod, but I'll ask anyway.

These three materials-
    Hapotite
    Zepotite
    Chicotite

Possible refferences to the classics
    Harpo
    Chico
    Zeppo

Three members of the great Marx brothers. Still looking for a Groucho refference. :P
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

EDIT: NONSENSE D:
    Last edited by Genoa; Oct 9, 2008 at 01:05 AM.

"beat those"...?

The Marx Brothers are old comedians, not games D=

And I never noticed it. I doubt it was intentional though =S

It was intentional. The names of many of the game's metals are derived from metric units. It just so happens that the Marx Brothers' names were used to create five SI units: harpi-, grouchi-, zeppi-, gummi- and chici-. Though some of the connections were lost in localization, others are still noticeable as you've pointed out.

Hapotite = harpi- (10^27)
    Gurtite = grouchi- (10^30)
    Zepotite = zepi- (10^33)
    Gamotite = gummi- (10^36)
    Chicotite = chici- (10^39)

Also, the prefixes mega-, giga-, tera-, peta- and exa- were used to create the -nite series of metals.

espio has point :P
    死の恐怖の人生の恐怖から以下の通りです。完全に死んでは、いつでも用意されている生活の男性 。

thats cool. while we r on wierd facts, u ever notice the gold coins in the treasure chests we got 4 mag. Liberty(Mercury)Dimes, which were actually pure silver. Strange thing is the us stopped making them right after they nuked Japan. *finger to the chin*hmmmmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    It was intentional. The names of many of the game's metals are derived from metric units. It just so happens that the Marx Brothers' names were used to create five SI units: harpi-, grouchi-, zeppi-, gummi- and chici-. Though some of the connections were lost in localization, others are still noticeable as you've pointed out.

Hapotite = harpi- (10^27)
    Gurtite = grouchi- (10^30)
    Zepotite = zepi- (10^33)
    Gamotite = gummi- (10^36)
    Chicotite = chici- (10^39)

Also, the prefixes mega-, giga-, tera-, peta- and exa- were used to create the -nite series of metals.
    Well, I meant I didn't think it was intentional for Sega to reference the Marx Brothers specifically - just seemed odd.

I never noticed that about the metric units though (or knew they had metric units named after them)

I just always assumed everything on PSU was named by pulling random letters from a hat >_>

Ill add a weird fact as well.. The sweet death's name and its chance to inflict the sleep status are a reference to Greek Mythology. To die peacefully in one's sleep was Hera's greatest gift. Look up the story of Biton and Cleobis.
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

Very cool! What other materials have a story behind their names? I know the ores are named after the Greek/Roman gods, and that many of those got lost in translation as well. (Merculine = Mercury, Kerseline = Ceres, Aporaline = Apollo, etc.) The gemstones are obviously a play on real gemstones. What else is there? This might require an entirely new thread...

crea= creator, maybe. that might explain why only humans and neumans can use, i.e. beasts and casts were "created"
    Worst/ best fanfic ever. Good for laughs, check out the guy's others. <-- Try not to laugh
    Pupil me please. Lonereaper has the rare noodle bowl, so there is a chance for it, also pyrocles115 is basically a tank.
    http://lonereaper.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://Pyrocles115.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://immortal2plz.mybrute.com<-- Try it out