Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beast Protranser

I've been tinkering with some classes and such recently and I started playing with my Male Beast again who was Fortefighter and I thought to myself, well... I like using Swords, Spears & Knuckles... so why don't I go with Protranser so I can also use Bows / Lasers / Shotguns. During MAG2 I raised my Beast to lv 82 & it was pretty easy to get EXP with a Protranser during that event so he's now lv 83 & lv 15 Protranser. Now I want to concentrate on his stroner side GUNS! I'm one of the few that like Bows better than Rifles... and with a Protranser there isn't a choice, and Laser Cannons can dish-out some serious damage at lv 40... as well as properly leveled Shotguns.

Though I keep hearing that as a Beast my Accuracy will suck in the long-run. Right now I'm not really having a problem, I'd say I miss < 10% of the time on same level enemies. I like this class... and being a Beast I can do some extra damage, and Protransers have many of the Melee weapons that I like to use as a Fortefighter... though only at lv 30, but that's not all that bad. I also plan to use Axes down the line... but I really want to wait for my Accuracy to be a little bit higher.

For those that have tried this combination... is it really that bad with Acuracy? For Example a lv 140/20 against lv 150 enemies... how often will I miss with Guns? By the time I get to "End level" stats I'd hope I have a good Arm Unit with added Accuracy.

I am also aware that a Cast will make a better Protranser, so let's just leave that discussion at the door

I'm missing about 10 - 20% with a laser cannon (Ryusakanoh) using a F Cast with a Solid / Knight.
    Laser Cannons are probably the most problematic weapon re accuracy for me though and its not like the one I'm using is good or anything, just attack from behind (if possible) you'll get by.

Just know that ATA matters very little in determining your hit rate.

The most important factor is enemies' EVP. So the higher the enemy lvl, the higher your miss rate.

But it's still good even with lvl 150+ monsters (80-85% hit rate).

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    Just know that ATA matters very little in determining your hit rate.
    Matters so little that the difference between a cast and beast PT is over 10% using guns.

You must have low standards.

Don't expect anything over 75% as a beast PT versus Lv150~170 monsters

Beast is a bad choice for PT, in the end. The high ATP will be cool for Anga Jabroga, Bogga Zubba and Dus Majarra, but PT guns vastly outdamage PT melee weapons, and beast will suck at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Matters so little that the difference between a cast and beast PT is over 10% using guns.

You must have low standards.

Don't expect anything over 75% as a beast PT versus Lv150~170 monsters

Beast is a bad choice for PT, in the end. The high ATP will be cool for Anga Jabroga, Bogga Zubba and Dus Majarra, but PT guns vastly outdamage PT melee weapons, and beast will suck at that.
    So you're saying that even as a Cast PT I'd be missing 15% ( 25% - 10% = 15% ) Is this 25% miss-rate for a Male Beast with a good Acc unit... like a Red Knight or similar? It would be kinda annoying if I miss 1/5 of my Shotgun bullets ( 20% ) and I don't plan to be facing lv 150 enemies anytime soon ( WAY too many X360 games to play this Fall / Winter ) but I do plan to level 1 bullet each night that I play, Shotgun / Laser / Bow so I may take me awhile to get like 20 Pa's to lv 40

I don't want to detrack this post about Cast vs Beast PT's but is it just Protransers in general that lack Accuracy?

I don't think it matters. The main feature of PT is trappin', and any race can do that. If you want good combat or range, race matters, but I think you should be playing a different class if you're really worried about that. But if you want to get technical and anal about it, a CAST is probably better than a beast overall in PT, but it's not the end of the world if you don't go with the *best*.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I don't think it matters. The main feature of PT is trappin', and any race can do that. If you want good combat or range, race matters, but I think you should be playing a different class if you're really worried about that. But if you want to get technical and anal about it, a CAST is probably better than a beast overall in PT, but it's not the end of the world if you don't go with the *best*.
    I know it's all about trappin' but Protransers have a very diverse wepon-selection... I always try to play a class to their max-capacity, still waiting for lv 30 attack techs for Guntechers I was previously playing this character as a Fortefighter, and besides using Twin Sabers the S-Rank selection is nearly identical to what I playing before, but now I can try out Lasers / Shotguns along with my love for Bows... I shoot irl... and when PSU first launched I chose to play as a Force because they had Bows... but only to lv 10. haha!

I am a bit anal about my play habits... I pick up EVERY item... only use Melee weapons with 25%, 30% or 50% and never a broken weapon... 0/10, 5/10 or 10/10. If I just wanted to use Lasers / Rifles / Shotgun I'd play a Foretgunner, but I like the option to use Swords / Spears / Knuckles as well... and eventually Axes.

Well, if you want maximum capacity, beast PT is not the best choice.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Well, if you want maximum capacity, beast PT is not the best choice.
    What I mean is I don't want to run around the field dodging enemies while my Traps tick... did that during MAG and it was BORING! I mean I have all these S-rank capable weapons that I want to MAX their PA levels. For my Beast it's either Foretfighter or Protranser, my Female Cast is a Fighgunner and I'll probably make her a Fighmaster. I have 1 character of each race and 2 Females & 2 Males.

Human PT for life!