Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Challenge mode didn't use difficulty levels.

The first stage starts you at level 1, in the Forest, and there are a total of ... 20-something individual challenge stages, spread out all over Episode 1 (I never played Episode 2 Challenge Mode). All of the Challenge stages emphasized teamwork over anything else - not only did many rooms require the co-operation of all four people in order to advance, but if anyone died without a Scape Doll in their inventory, it's game over for all players, and that stage is failed.

It really had a lot more depth than just the normal grind, and it's more or less guaranteed to be the most fun you'll ever have in Phantasy Star Online.

The prizes varied based on your completion time after you've completed all of the stages. The highest rank, S-Rank, yields a custom, golden-photon weapon of your choice, which you can name. The weapon will have rather low attack power on its own, but almost all of them can be grinded up to +250 (which, in PSO, each +1 on the weapon's grind simply increases its Attack Power by 2 points, so over time, you can add 500 attack power to the weapon).

Picking an appropriate S-rank weapon for your character type, and having enough grinders packed into your bank, can yield an incredibly effective weapon. The only problems, however, are lack of any photon percentages (some of which can be added artificially to the weapon via legitimate means).
    Yeah i'm all for co-operatioin and skill in trying to get past levels. I mean hack and slashing is fun, but when you add the mix of strategy in to it, its great, when you and your team mates have to be on par, and you need skill.

I really hope they add that

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowInferno119 View Post
    Yeah i'm all for co-operatioin and skill in trying to get past levels. I mean hack and slashing is fun, but when you add the mix of strategy in to it, its great, when you and your team mates have to be on par, and you need skill.

I really hope they add that
    Ive heard at least a couple people (both here and through friends) asking about Battle Mode, but realistically, Challenge mode (or an alternative to it) would be ten times better. Not only was it deeply engaging and strategic, their are few things better than getting to craft your own weapon.

Heres to hoping we get something equivalent.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Ive heard at least a couple people (both here and through friends) asking about Battle Mode, but realistically, Challenge mode (or an alternative to it) would be ten times better. Not only was it deeply engaging and strategic, their are few things better than getting to craft your own weapon.

Heres to hoping we get something equivalent.
    I'm with you on that! And oh, I wouldn't mind battle either, I love PvP, (With strategy in it)