Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The PSOw PSO DC/GC Organizer

There seems to be enough people around here that play online, and the FKL BB Organizer worked pretty well...

First things first:

*Do not post the name of the private server or how to connect on the forums.

*PM me or post in this thread you character name(s), class(es), and PSO Ver. only so I may add it to the first post. (If you want to post other things like level, MAG, etc. use the Character Status Thread.

*This thread is to set up game times for all DC/GC players to meet up and play. Keep in mind DC/GC players are capable of playing together. (I'm pretty sure PC players can join in too, just no one from BB.)

*There is no set block or lobby since they seem to change quite a bit. (We could try a "Meet 'n Greet" weekly or every two weeks for anyone else that joins up to exchange cards. If we do so, I'll post what ship/lobby is available for that week.)

PSOw DC/GC Info

TheOneHero - GC
    Spoiler!

Ithildin - GC
    Spoiler!

AlexCraig - GC *Currently Offline*
    Spoiler!

Lance - GC *Currently Offline*
    Spoiler!

Vanzazikon - GC *Currently Offline*
    Spoiler!

Rob - GC
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by TheOneHero; Nov 3, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Can you tell me more? Or am I just missing something? I would like to meet up to play. Shouldn't this be in Player Matchup tho? Anyway enough questions, my main charater's name is Ithildin, Greenill RAmar.
    Click On Banner

You honestly think PSO players are gonna look in Player Matchup? Maybe if there was a subforum here, but not as is.

Anywho, I'd love to meet up once I get a "new" GC and can get it online. My main (Alex; HUmar) may not be able to get on since he is on a Nyko card, so I may use my best on my second card (Satsuki; RAcaseal).

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    You honestly think PSO players are gonna look in Player Matchup? Maybe if there was a subforum here, but not as is.
    Yeah I guess that was just wishful thinking. I remember back about two years ago that's where I looked to find players who have now turned into very good friends of mine . I guess it goes without saying that all you guys are legit? I wouldn't want to play with ppl that are anything but.
    Click On Banner

I'm legit and I know Alex is. :3 I'll go ahead and add you both right now. (Ithildin, you're on GC right?)

Also not in Player Matchup because as Alex mentioned, no PSO players are gonna look there. ;p

Can you tell me more?
    Not sure what else to tell. I'm sure though that once this gets more activity there will be more discussion and stuff.
    Last edited by TheOneHero; Oct 12, 2008 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    (Ithildin, you're on GC right?)
    Yeah I'm on GC. I play BB too but if there are people to play with I can switch quite easily.

What I would really like is to get a decent team together for PW3 and PW4. They really are two of my favourite quests. You get a real sense of teamwork when everyone is doing their jobs right! Also they have some great drops like Ano Rifle and Yasminkov 7000V.
    Last edited by Ithildin; Oct 12, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
    Click On Banner

One question and i sorry to get off topic a bit but how can DC&GC players play togather when the GC version has so many things the DC version doesn't?

For example:What if you are in a lobby on your DC when someone with a GC is also there with a non DC character(RAmarl/HUcaseal/FOmar)?
    Last edited by Saligun; Oct 12, 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Is EP1 a new "feature" in PSO GC?

Since the game is client side, each enemy will be different for both platforms, so gameplay in ultimate mode is not recomended.
    As for items droping, it's a code, each item has a code, so if it drops it may be different on ver.2 or gc.
    When cross platform is a possibility, do it in the simpliest way you can imagine, run trough forest, no droping items, no trading.....
    Doing so may cause both games to FSOD, in gc it causes instant corruption.

So if you drop a item in pionner and the ver.2 player loos at it then it may cause FSOD, same for gc because there are some items in ver.2 that don't exist in any other version.

As long it's ep1 and that playrs know what to do then cross platform can be enjoying.

There are a lot of bugs in V2 and Gamecube together.

A Gamecube player using a class that doesn't exist in V2 will appear to be a "Ninja" to the V2 player. Those skins the Sega GM's used back when Sega cared about PSO (Seems so long ago now doesn't it?).

Items that GC has that V2 doesn't typically will appear as a lesser version of that item to a V2 player. For example they will see my Sato as a regular baby mag. A sword in Gamecube that doesn't exist in V2 should appear as a basic non-rare sword to V2.

It's really not recommened to play with V2 though if you're on Gamecube. Doing so causes disconnects and FSOD irreguardless of the items you use. Even just joining the game is tough as you frequently lag out or get stuck in the "Player X is joining the game. Please wait a while." screen. You have to go through a song and dance to get all the players to warp to a boss correctly, everyone simply running up to the boss teleporter won't work. The Gamecube player has to go first and say "Yes" to the question of warping, then everyone else has to run in. Otherwise the V2 players will warp and the GC player will be left behind.

About 97% of the time I've tried to play with V2 players, they've all ended up getting disconnected long before we even reached the forest boss.

Basically, only play cross platform if you are seeking a buggy and unstable PSO experience. If that's what you want, go for it.

Ok,thks...Wait one more thing is there a way you can tell who's on what system or do you need to ask them?